Latest Firefox is extremely slow

Edhoari Setiyoso

Hi All,

I tried Firefox for couple of weeks now and it feels so sluggish. I think it began with Firefox Quantum, Unfortunately the solution that I found in the mozilla forum is to prevent access for accessibility, effectively rendering it useless with NVDA. Does anyone here has another solution?

Best Regards

--
Edhoari Setiyoso
edhoari <dot> s [at] gmail <dot> com

Robert Mendoza

I believe there are still some issue for screen reader in Quantum version instead.  use the Firefox ESR

Robert Mendoza

On 1/4/2018 1:34 PM, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
Hi All,

I tried Firefox for couple of weeks now and it feels so sluggish. I think it began with Firefox Quantum, Unfortunately the solution that I found in the mozilla forum is to prevent access for accessibility, effectively rendering it useless with NVDA. Does anyone here has another solution?

Best Regards

Lino Morales

Yes. Run the version 52 ESR or simply wait till V 58 comes out. Download 58 beta build 13 also if you'd like. That's what I'm running now. Its not as slow as V577.3.

On 1/4/2018 12:34 AM, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
Hi All,

I tried Firefox for couple of weeks now and it feels so sluggish. I think it began with Firefox Quantum, Unfortunately the solution that I found in the mozilla forum is to prevent access for accessibility, effectively rendering it useless with NVDA. Does anyone here has another solution?

Best Regards

Hi,
The situation has improved somewhat in Firefox 58 and later, which NVDA 2018.1 will support (you can still use FF58 with NVDA 2017.4).
Cheers,
oseph

I tried Firefox for couple of weeks now and it feels so sluggish. I think it began with Firefox Quantum, Unfortunately the solution that I found in the mozilla forum is to prevent access for accessibility, effectively rendering it useless with NVDA. Does anyone here has another solution?

Best Regards

--
Edhoari Setiyoso
edhoari <dot> s [at] gmail <dot> com

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I have the latest 57 version, I think its 5 or 6 as in 57.005 or 57.006 and I don't see this sluggishness.

On 1/4/2018 12:47 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
Yes. Run the version 52 ESR or simply wait till V 58 comes out. Download 58 beta build 13 also if you'd like. That's what I'm running now. Its not as slow as V577.3.

On 1/4/2018 12:34 AM, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
Hi All,

I tried Firefox for couple of weeks now and it feels so sluggish. I think it began with Firefox Quantum, Unfortunately the solution that I found in the mozilla forum is to prevent access for accessibility, effectively rendering it useless with NVDA. Does anyone here has another solution?

Best Regards

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"