2 questions about OCR

CARLOS-ESTEBAN <carlosestebanpianista@...>

Hello.
In some cases, the OCR can present the columns in the same line, for example:
File sice
Example.txt 2kb. 
But depending on the structure of the recognized text. The ocr don't use elements like tables and heading with documents. For this, you can use a specialyce software for OCR on documents or open a pdf with Microsoft Word 2013, 2016, 2019 or 365.
Regards.

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.
Músico (pianista) y también ayuda a usuarios con discapacidad visual en el
uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología.
Experto certificado en el lector de pantalla NVDA.

Musician (pianist) and also help to users with a visual disability in the use of screen readers and technology.
Certified expert in screen reader NVDA.

El mar., 3 de nov. de 2020 a la(s) 00:30, Sascha Cowley via groups.io (sascha.camille=yahoo.com@groups.io) escribió:
Regarding your second question, yes. You should be able to use standard mouse control keys while in the OCR result to do this. I would encourage you to take a look at sections 5.7 (Navigating with the Mouse) and 10 (Content Recognition) of the NVDA user guide (NVDA menu > Help > User Guide).

Sascha Cowley

Regarding your second question, yes. You should be able to use standard mouse control keys while in the OCR result to do this. I would encourage you to take a look at sections 5.7 (Navigating with the Mouse) and 10 (Content Recognition) of the NVDA user guide (NVDA menu > Help > User Guide).

Gene

You are evidently sending your message to the list and to the owner address, but perhaps not. Whatever the case, the address field says group moderators. That may confuse a lot of people and they may not read the message or they may skip it because they may think it is being addressed to the moderators.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2020 7:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io Group Moderators
Subject: [nvda] 2 questions about OCR

Hi listers:

I have 2 questions about the OCR feature:

First, if I am looking at a screen with information in columns, the OCR tries to show each column separately. For example, if I am looking at a DOS directory listing, it shows me first, the file name, then a list of extensions, then the size, etc. Is there any way to have the OCR results reflect the way the screen actually looks, instead of trying to show me separate columns?

Second, is there a way to do a left or right click on something shown in the OCR results?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Joseph Norton

Hi listers:

I have 2 questions about the OCR feature:

First, if I am looking at a screen with information in columns, the OCR tries to show each column separately.  For example, if I am looking at a DOS directory listing, it shows me first, the file name, then a list of extensions, then the size, etc.  Is there any way to have the OCR results reflect the way the screen actually looks, instead of trying to show me separate columns?

Second, is there a way to do a left or right click on something shown in the OCR results?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10