locked Captcha Solver

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

I am in need of a captcha solving extension/software/service. I am not
sure if Webvisum, the popular one for Firefox back in the day, still
works, and one or two others that come to mind are paid. I would truly
appreciate any suggestions regarding a free automated captcha solving
service that I can employ as an NVDA user.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Webvisum has been dead, dead, dead for a long time now and all efforts I (and others that I know about) had made to contact the developers went unanswered.

The only one I'm aware of now is Rumola under Chromium-based browsers, and it is paid, but quite inexpensive.  They give a 5-Captcha trial, but then it's 99 cents for 50 Captcha solves or $1.95 for 150 Captcha solves.

At the moment, I am unaware of any free ones.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

By the way, this really is not an NVDA-related question, and should be taken up on the Chat Subgroup if further discussion is desired.  This topic is now locked on the main group.
----------------------------

NVDA Chat Subgroup Addresses

To join:  chat+subscribe@nvda.groups.io

To receive a message containing the group description, and a list of these commands:  chat+help@nvda.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web):  chat+nomail@nvda.groups.io

This can also be used to put a vacation stop on group messages, then use one of the addresses below to resume delivery in the format of your choice.

To receive each group messages individually:  chat+single@nvda.groups.io

This is the default delivery unless you send a message to one of the addresses that follows.

To receive group messages in an HTML formatted digest:  chat+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io

To receive group messages in a plain text digest:  chat+digest@nvda.groups.io

To receive a daily summary instead of individual messages:  chat+summary@nvda.groups.io

To receive only special messages:  chat+special@nvda.groups.io

To contact the group owner(s):  chat+owner@nvda.groups.io

     ~ Kelley Boorn

A topic entitled, Webvism, has been created by Gene on the Chat Subgroup, for those who wish to further discuss this.  But, as a public service, I do want to share something from his topic here:

Unless this has changed, and I haven't heard that it has, you can use
Webvism with an old version of Firefox, the last being 5X versions. You can
get a portable version of 5X and still use your current browser for general
browsing, only using the 5X version where necessary for captchas. Many
captchas are now solvable with audio challenges but some aren't.

Any further discussion of Captcha Solvers, any one of them, should occur on the Chat Subgroup.  They're not connected to NVDA (or any individual screen reader) in any meaningful way, although the same demographic often uses both.

     ~ Kelley Boorn