Cannot edit comments in Word with NVDA #advisory

Rowen Cary

I have a document with a number of comments.
When I move to the position containing the comment and press Application to select "Edit Comment", NVDA reports the "Toolbar".
At that time, I could not edit the comment, and press the arrow keys NVDA to not speak.
I got the same effect in Office365 and Office2019.

Do you know how to solve this problem?

Test document:
https://update.viyf.org/mc/test.docx

Thanks

Pranav Lal

Hi Rowen,

You need to use Microsoft Word’s comment navigation feature. Navigate to the review tab in the ribbon and then use the “next comment” and “previous comment” items to navigate to your comment of choice.

Once you are at a comment, use the right windows key or context key or shift + f10 to invoke the context meu. You will find an item to edit comments. Once you activate that item, you will be  able to edit the comment.

Pranav

Rowen Cary

Hi, Pranav,
thank you for your reply.
I did this before,
Editing the first and second comments did not encounter any problems, But they cannot be edited later. NVDA announced the "toolbar".

Pranav Lal

Hi Rowen,

Are you saying that the approach I mentioned in my message only works for the first 2 comments?

Try hitting f6 to return to the document and then repeat the process.

Pranav

Rowen Cary

Hi, Pranav,

It is true, not limited to the first two, it may be the first three or more, but there is always a chance to become what I said.
When I select "Edit Comment", the normal situation should be to display the edit field of the comment, but my current situation is that NVDA only reports the "Toolbar"

Pranav Lal

Hi Rowen,

What version of Word are you using? When you get to the toolbar, does pressing f6 cycle you to the document?

Otherwise, try the alt key or the escape key.

Pranav

Rowen Cary

Hi,  Pranav,

I am using Office365, but the same is true for Office2019, F6 can return to the body of the document.
In addition, when NVDA reports the "Toolbar", a rectangular box is displayed on the screen, in which is the content of my comments.