Topics

locked Is this the end of PayPal for nvda?

First,  I thank all for their contributions in checking what happens to them.  I did the same, and did not get a captcha.  I have never figured out how sites that don't use them on each and every log in, and there are many, decide when they're going to throw one up.  There's got to be some mystery criteria.

All of the above being said, Gene is correct that Captchas never have been, and never will be, what the NVDA Group is about.  They, and pretty much anything related to them, should be discussed on the Chat Subgroup, not the main group.  This topic is now locked.
-------------

NVDA Chat Subgroup Addresses

To join:  chat+subscribe@nvda.groups.io

To unsubscribe:  chat+unsubscribe@nvda.groups.io

To receive a message containing the group description, and a list of these commands:  chat+help@nvda.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web):  chat+nomail@nvda.groups.io

This can also be used to put a vacation stop on group messages, then use one of the addresses below to resume delivery in the format of your choice.

To receive each group messages individually:  chat+single@nvda.groups.io

This is the default delivery unless you send a message to one of the addresses that follows.

To receive group messages in an HTML formatted digest:  chat+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io

To receive group messages in a plain text digest:  chat+digest@nvda.groups.io

To receive a daily summary instead of individual messages:  chat+summary@nvda.groups.io

To receive only special messages:  chat+special@nvda.groups.io

To contact the group owner(s):  chat+owner@nvda.groups.io

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

If you think that you can think about a thing, inextricably attached to something else, without thinking of the thing it is attached to, then you have a legal mind.

~ Thomas Reed Powell

Chris Smart

Same here. Use the audio version.

On 2020-11-14 8:58 p.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I had no issues. I got the audio captcha, and it was a bunch of words from a movie, or talkshow. I was able to fill it out fine just today.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 14 Nov 2020, at 17:19, Roger Stewart wrote:

Just now, I tried to log into my PayPal account.  The dang thinghy put in a             CAPTCHA.  There was an audio but I tried doing that several times with no results.  I finally had to ask my sighted friend to enter it for me.  What was going on is there was a mixture of numbers and letters--this is all fine but some of the letters are upper case and some are lower case and there is no way to tell them apart in the audio challenge.  This isn't accessible at all.  If this continues, I'll have no choice except to cancel my PayPal account.  I hope nvda has another way for us to donate.

:(

Roger

Sarah k Alawami

I had no issues. I got the audio captcha, and it was a bunch of words from a movie, or talkshow. I was able to fill it out fine just today.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 14 Nov 2020, at 17:19, Roger Stewart wrote:

Just now, I tried to log into my PayPal account.  The dang thinghy put in a             CAPTCHA.  There was an audio but I tried doing that several times with no results.  I finally had to ask my sighted friend to enter it for me.  What was going on is there was a mixture of numbers and letters--this is all fine but some of the letters are upper case and some are lower case and there is no way to tell them apart in the audio challenge.  This isn't accessible at all.  If this continues, I'll have no choice except to cancel my PayPal account.  I hope nvda has another way for us to donate.

Roger

Gene

This really should be on the chat list since NVDA has nothing to do with the problem. However, I have an account I haven't used in years; I wasn't asked to fill out a captcha when I logged in. I tried twice and wasn't asked either time. What country are you in?

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 7:19 PM
To: NVDA List
Subject: [nvda] Is this the end of PayPal for nvda?

Just now, I tried to log into my PayPal account. The dang thinghy put
in a CAPTCHA. There was an audio but I tried doing that
several times with no results. I finally had to ask my sighted friend
to enter it for me. What was going on is there was a mixture of numbers
and letters--this is all fine but some of the letters are upper case and
some are lower case and there is no way to tell them apart in the audio
challenge. This isn't accessible at all. If this continues, I'll have
no choice except to cancel my PayPal account. I hope nvda has another
way for us to donate.

Roger

Roger Stewart

Roger