Topics

NVDA stops speaking in MS-Office & While Web Browsing

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Which synth package are you using?

I think at one time I used to have speech platform voices stop on some pages etc then had to start them again. But that was a long time ago and am using other synths packages now.

Gene nz

On 17/11/2020 5:22 am, Lauren Burger wrote:
Hello. My name is Lauren Burger. I use NVDA 2020.3 and the latest version of Windows 10.  I notice that a lot of times, when I am in a webpage or Office applications, NVDA stops speaking. What do I do? Please let me know. Thank you for your assistance.

In addition to what Carlos mentioned about starting NVDA with add-ons disabled to determine whether an add-on could be triggering your problem, it also never hurts to run the COM Registration Fixing Tool (NVDA+N,T,R,Enter).
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

If you think that you can think about a thing, inextricably attached to something else, without thinking of the thing it is attached to, then you have a legal mind.

~ Thomas Reed Powell

CARLOS-ESTEBAN <carlosestebanpianista@...>

Hi all.

What is the version of Microsoft Office? The browsers are updated? You test with the add-ons disabled?

If in the category general of the options dialog of NVDA, if you have display options to exit enabled, press NVDA+q, and choose restart with add-ons disabled.

Regards.

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Músico (pianista) y ayuda a usuarios ciegos y con discapacidad visual, con el uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología.

Experto certificado en el lector de pantalla NVDA.

Musician (pianist) and also help to the blind people with the use of screen readers and technology.

Certified expert in the screen reader NVDA.

Certified expert in NVDA

De: Lauren Burger
Enviado: lunes, 16 de noviembre de 2020 11:41
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: [nvda] NVDA stops speaking in MS-Office & While Web Browsing

Hello. My name is Lauren Burger. I use NVDA 2020.3 and the latest version of Windows 10.  I notice that a lot of times, when I am in a webpage or Office applications, NVDA stops speaking. What do I do? Please let me know. Thank you for your assistance.

Lauren Burger