Unable to start up nvda

Paul O'Rahilly

Hi

I have not used nvDa for a few months. Just returning to it.
However, I am unable to start up nvda with keystroke

ctrl+alt+N

How can I fix this.

Thanks, Paul

Sarah k Alawami

For now type nvda in the run dialogue and it will, or at least should start.

On 23 Nov 2020, at 11:35, Paul O'Rahilly wrote:

Hi

I have not used nvDa for a few months. Just returning to it.
However, I am unable to start up nvda with keystroke

ctrl+alt+N

How can I fix this.

Thanks, Paul

Arlene

Hi there, do you have the NVDA icon on your desk top?  If you do, you go to it witch is n for NVDA. Alt enter and there you will find where you can create a short cut. You tab until you hear NVDA short cut none. If that is what it is. You do control alt n for the hot key.  Just like you would for Jaws. You tab to okay then enter.  Close down NVDA and see if your hot key works.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I have not used nvDa for a few months. Just returning to it.

However, I am unable to start up nvda with keystroke

ctrl+alt+N

How can I fix this.

Thanks, Paul

Paul O'Rahilly

+ enter from the search box.

Paul

The short cut key appears to be set up correctly, to run the command

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVDA\nvda_slave.exe" launchNVDA -r

This command opens nvda from the run dialog box.

I deleted and re entered the short cut in the short cut box.

The only way I can open nvda now is to type nvda

On 11/23/20, Arlene <nedster66@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there, do you have the NVDA icon on your desk top? If you do, you go to
it witch is n for NVDA. Alt enter and there you will find where you can
create a short cut. You tab until you hear NVDA short cut none. If that is
what it is. You do control alt n for the hot key. Just like you would for
Jaws. You tab to okay then enter. Close down NVDA and see if your hot key
works.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I have not used nvDa for a few months. Just returning to it.

However, I am unable to start up nvda with keystroke

ctrl+alt+N

How can I fix this.

Thanks, Paul

An uninstall, system restart, and reinstall, choosing the option to create a desktop shortcut/keyboard shortcut, is likely your best option.

This often cures a multitude of sins, and not just with NVDA.  And it's easy to do as well.

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell

Paul O'Rahilly

Hi Folks

Short cut functioning again. No need to uninstall / reinstall, but I
might just do this anyway.

All I needed to do was to follow the procedure below, and restart the laptop.

Thanks muchly, P

An uninstall, system restart, and reinstall, choosing the option to create a
desktop shortcut/keyboard shortcut, is likely your best option.

This often cures a multitude of sins, and not just with NVDA. And it's easy
to do as well.

*If you think that you can think about a thing, inextricably attached to
something else, without thinking of the thing it is attached to, then you
have a legal mind.*

~ Thomas Reed Powell