locked How well does NVDA work on android phones and how do I install it?


Hettie <woehler.hettie@...>
 

Thanks


Hettie




--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


Chris Smart
 

Um, it doesn't!

On 2020-11-25 1:21 p.m., Hettie wrote:

Thanks


Hettie




 

NVDA is a Windows platform only piece of software.  There is no Android port available at this time.

Android Accessibility Suite, which includes the TalkBack screen reader, is the de facto standard on the Android platform.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

If you think that you can think about a thing, inextricably attached to something else, without thinking of the thing it is attached to, then you have a legal mind.

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell

 


 

NVDA isn't for Android phones. It only works on Windows devices.





On 11/25/2020 1:21 PM, Hettie wrote:

Thanks


Hettie





Hettie <woehler.hettie@...>
 

Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping it did, but that's okay.


Hettie


On 2020/11/25 8:33 pm, Governor staten wrote:

NVDA isn't for Android phones. It only works on Windows devices.





On 11/25/2020 1:21 PM, Hettie wrote:

Thanks


Hettie





Virus-free. www.avg.com


Shaun Oliver
 

indeed it does not. I am unsure why or how you had reached the conclusion that it might, but NVDA is written for a different platform entirely and I do not believe it can be cross compiled.

On 26/11/2020 4:52 am, Chris Smart rambled on about the following:

Um, it doesn't!



On 2020-11-25 1:21 p.m., Hettie wrote:

Thanks


Hettie






Arlene
 

That’s what I thought.  I didn’t think NVDA worked on Android.  

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Governor staten
Sent: November 25, 2020 10:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How well does NVDA work on android phones and how do I install it?

 

NVDA isn't for Android phones. It only works on Windows devices.

 

 

 

On 11/25/2020 1:21 PM, Hettie wrote:


Thanks


Hettie



 


Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>
 

NVDA is for windows only
nothing else

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Oliver" <blindman75@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 3:48 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How well does NVDA work on android phones and how do I install it?


indeed it does not. I am unsure why or how you had reached the conclusion that it might, but NVDA is written for a different platform entirely and I do not believe it can be cross compiled.

On 26/11/2020 4:52 am, Chris Smart rambled on about the following:
Um, it doesn't!



On 2020-11-25 1:21 p.m., Hettie wrote:

Thanks


Hettie








A.Mac
 

android, has its own screen reeder bilt in called talk back.

On 25/11/2020 23:35, Kerryn Gunness via groups.io wrote:
NVDA is for windows only
nothing else

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Oliver" <blindman75@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 3:48 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How well does NVDA work on android phones and how do I install it?


indeed it does not. I am unsure why or how you had reached the conclusion that it might, but NVDA is written for a different platform entirely and I do not believe it can be cross compiled.

On 26/11/2020 4:52 am, Chris Smart rambled on about the following:
Um, it doesn't!



On 2020-11-25 1:21 p.m., Hettie wrote:

Thanks


Hettie











--
Thanks for your time in advance.
😎
Later
A.Mac
[all out going mail is scanned by Avira]


Hettie <woehler.hettie@...>
 

Sometimes I read in messages of NVDA users that they swipe to another option and that's why I thought it may be available for phones as well.


Hettie

On 2020/11/25 9:48 pm, Shaun Oliver wrote:
indeed it does not. I am unsure why or how you had reached the conclusion that it might, but NVDA is written for a different platform entirely and I do not believe it can be cross compiled.

On 26/11/2020 4:52 am, Chris Smart rambled on about the following:
Um, it doesn't!



On 2020-11-25 1:21 p.m., Hettie wrote:

Thanks


Hettie








--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


Aravind R
 

in system also, touch pad is there. for that, both NVDA and jaws has
touch jestures.

On 26/11/2020, Hettie <woehler.hettie@gmail.com> wrote:
Sometimes I read in messages of NVDA users that they swipe to another
option and that's why I thought it may be available for phones as well.


Hettie


On 2020/11/25 9:48 pm, Shaun Oliver wrote:
indeed it does not. I am unsure why or how you had reached the
conclusion that it might, but NVDA is written for a different platform
entirely and I do not believe it can be cross compiled.

On 26/11/2020 4:52 am, Chris Smart rambled on about the following:
Um, it doesn't!



On 2020-11-25 1:21 p.m., Hettie wrote:

Thanks


Hettie









--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com







--


--
--
nothing is difficult unless you make it appear so.

r. aravind,

manager
Department of sales
bank of baroda specialised mortgage store, Chennai.
mobile no: +91 9940369593,
email id : aravind_069@yahoo.com, aravind.andhrabank@gmail.com.
aravind.rajendran@bankofbaroda.co.in.


Hettie <woehler.hettie@...>
 

Thanks, now I understand.


Hettie

On 2020/11/26 11:28 am, Aravind R wrote:
in system also, touch pad is there. for that, both NVDA and jaws has
touch jestures.

On 26/11/2020, Hettie <woehler.hettie@gmail.com> wrote:
Sometimes I read in messages of NVDA users that they swipe to another
option and that's why I thought it may be available for phones as well.


Hettie


On 2020/11/25 9:48 pm, Shaun Oliver wrote:
indeed it does not. I am unsure why or how you had reached the
conclusion that it might, but NVDA is written for a different platform
entirely and I do not believe it can be cross compiled.

On 26/11/2020 4:52 am, Chris Smart rambled on about the following:
Um, it doesn't!



On 2020-11-25 1:21 p.m., Hettie wrote:
Thanks


Hettie







--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com






--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


Laughing Thunder
 

NVDA is a Windows software product and doesn’t support android.

On Nov 25, 2020, at 12:21 PM, Hettie <woehler.hettie@gmail.com> wrote:


Thanks


Hettie




--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com





--
Laughingthunder