NVDA Equivalent to "Route Jaws to PC"?

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

When you move to focus I have noticed that numpad 4 and numpad6 moves you through the focused area.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Equivalent to "Route Jaws to PC"?

Ok, thanks David.

I'm relatively new to relying on NVDA for more day-to-day computing tasks, and I still sometimes find myself in situations where it seems things are easier in Jaws. It's usually just a case of me not having ObjectNav figured out yet though.

On 2020-11-27 1:27 p.m., David Griffith wrote:

As far as I can tell it is exactly the same if you are using a numpad.

That is Insert minus or dash depending on how it is announced.

NVDA announces  move to focus which is I think the NVDA equivalent. As NVDA does not have a Jaws cursor function in the same way as Jaws I think it has to be used more with object navigation but I will leave others more qualified to comment on this.

David G.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On 2020-11-27 5:23 p.m., Steve Matzura wrote:
Certification? Please tell me how to get into that. I'd love to see what I know, or more likely, don't know.

On 11/27/2020 2:03 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
I have the NVDA Basic Training. I just need to sit down and go through it. (grin) then, I'm going to attempt the NVDA certification a second time. I only got 65% the first time, which isn't all that surprising.

On 2020-11-27 1:48 p.m., Gene wrote:
There is object navigation and screen review and you need to know both to get full use of review abilities.  I'm not sure what the best material is that explains how they work.  I'll let others discuss good material for learning.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Chris Smart
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 12:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 12:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 12:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Ok, thanks David.

I'm relatively new to relying on NVDA for more day-to-day computing tasks, and I still sometimes find myself in situations where it seems things are easier in Jaws. It's usually just a case of me not having ObjectNav figured out yet though.

Is there an NVDA equivalent to the Jaws command that routes Jaws cursor

to PC cursor?

thanks

Chris

Chris Smart

Thanks! That did exactly what I was looking for.

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating it, and please don't catch or spread Covid.

On 2020-11-27 1:47 p.m., Steve Matzura wrote:
Indeed there is. NVDA Key + Left Mouse Button (Num Pad Slash).

On 11/27/2020 1:15 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
Hi.

Is there an NVDA equivalent to the Jaws command that routes Jaws cursor to PC cursor?

thanks

Chris

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Have a look on the following page it should answer some of your questions like the one you asked.

The link can be found at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/FAQ <https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/FAQ>

gene nz

On 28/11/2020 7:15 am, Chris Smart wrote:
Hi.

Is there an NVDA equivalent to the Jaws command that routes Jaws cursor to PC cursor?

thanks

Chris

Gene

But if you don't know object naviggation and screen review, how they are different and how to use them, you won't understand what you are doing properly when you route. Also, the command you gave is not for routing the object navigator to the cursor. You gave the command for routing the mouse pointer to the position of the object navigator, which is a separate command. We don't know which is being asked about but learning about review and routing is knowledge that is much more likely to be learned and understood well through comprehensive instruction. It is likely to be very difficult if you just pick up this bit of unorganized information here and there.