Topics

Trying to build NVDA from source using the directions I found on GitHub and having problems with liblouis

matthew dyer

Hi,

Thanks.  I will give this another look.  I did not see clang in the list of packages to install, but in any rate, I have sent a subscripsion address to the devel list.

Matthew

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 12:48 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Trying to build nvda fr9om source using the directons I found on github and having problems with libluies

Hi all,

Apart from directing folks there, the real issue (based on the SCons output) is incomplete build environment – to build liblouis.dll, you must install Clang and the path must be added by Clang installer (you must do this while installing Visual Studio 2019 Community or above).

Cheers,

Jsoeph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2020 8:51 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Trying to build nvda fr9om source using the directons I found on github and having problems with libluies

Matthew,

I suggest you try asking about this on the NVDA Screen Reader Development Group:

This list is provided for discussion about development for the NVDA (NonVisual Desktop Access) screen reading software. This includes questions and discussion about the code, user experience, design and documentation, both between regular developers and new or potential developers.

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

If you think that you can think about a thing, inextricably attached to something else, without thinking of the thing it is attached to, then you have a legal mind.

~ Thomas Reed Powell

Hi all,

Apart from directing folks there, the real issue (based on the SCons output) is incomplete build environment – to build liblouis.dll, you must install Clang and the path must be added by Clang installer (you must do this while installing Visual Studio 2019 Community or above).

Cheers,

Jsoeph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2020 8:51 PM

Matthew,

I suggest you try asking about this on the NVDA Screen Reader Development Group:

This list is provided for discussion about development for the NVDA (NonVisual Desktop Access) screen reading software. This includes questions and discussion about the code, user experience, design and documentation, both between regular developers and new or potential developers.

If you think that you can think about a thing, inextricably attached to something else, without thinking of the thing it is attached to, then you have a legal mind.

~ Thomas Reed Powell

Matthew,

~ Thomas Reed Powell

matthew dyer

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the list to get the help for this, but with some extra time on my hands, thought I would try learning how to run and build nvda from source.  I find that I do just fine except that scons complains about liblooies.  Here is the output I get.  I will try to clean it up so it is not so long.  I tried to get a copy of liblooies but did not find a way to install it so that it would find it during the build prosses.  And now here is the output.

Creating 'build\x86\liblouis\liblouis.h'

clang-cl /Fobuild\x86\liblouis\compileTranslationTable.c.obj /c include\liblouis\liblouis\compileTranslationTable.c /W2 /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /DLOGLEVEL=15 /D_WIN32_WINNT=_WIN32_WINNT_WIN7 /DNDEBUG /D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE /DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"3.15.0\" /DWIDECHARS_ARE_UCS4 /D_EXPORTING /Ibuild\x86\liblouis /Iinclude\liblouis\liblouis /Iinclude /Imiscdeps\include /Ibuild\x86 /Z7

'clang-cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

scons: *** [build\x86\liblouis\compileTranslationTable.c.obj] Error 1

scons: building terminated because of errors.

PS C:\Users\ilove\nvda>