Topics

copy to clip board

Every update to virtually any piece of software that includes new features and/or feature changes makes clear the truth of the following two oft-repeated sayings:

1. No good deed goes unpunished.

2. You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you'll never please all of the people all of the time.

Defaults for any given behavior have to be chosen.  It's a problem only if that behavior cannot be changed to suit the user, and sometimes not a particularly big one then.  But, ideally, most things should have an off/on option.

       ~ Brian Vogel

Gene

Unless you use an add-on, the announcement is only made in browse mode. You can see if you have copied or cut something to the clipboard with the command NVDA key c. That will read what is on the clipboard if it isn't too large.