Topics

Nvda beta still not keeping the setting to run at startup.

Kevin Cussick

I should have said that it will run at startup, I think I did but can not remember. anyway it was running at startup and then installing it changed the setting. this has been a problem for some years now maybe 2 years and I hope at some point maybe this year this might be fixed.

On 22/12/2020 02:42, Vickie Andrada wrote:
Hmmmm, I've never had a problem getting NVDA to run at start up.
Vicki
On 12/21/2020 5:30 PM, Kevin Cussick via groups.io wrote:
Hi all, OK not really much of a problem but this has being going on now for years and it would be nice to see a fix for this nvda did not keep[ my setting to run at startup. but anyway got it fixed I installed the beta last week but my computer was not shut down. until last night and when I booted up to night nvda was not running fixed for now. just thought I would report.

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

I usually have the beta in its own directory then run a shortcut to it to play around with.

I just installed the beta over the 2020.3 release  shut down the computer then started it up.

This was installing the beta over the installed copy of nvda.

It started as normal as I have nvda start when windows does and it started up correctly. I will monitor over the next day or so but do not think  it will not start up when windows does.

This is also running the latest version of Windows 10 something a rather h2?

So am guessing it will start up as normal. Which way are you applying the settings? through the menus then apply and ok it or doing it through the shortcut way?

Have you set nvda back to factory defaults just in case the nvda.ini file has got a little corrupt then set it up again this usually fixes problems that may come up.

Gene nz

On 22/12/2020 3:42 pm, Vickie Andrada wrote:
Hmmmm, I've never had a problem getting NVDA to run at start up.

Vicki

On 12/21/2020 5:30 PM, Kevin Cussick via groups.io wrote:
Hi all, OK not really much of a problem but this has being going on now for years and it would be nice to see a fix for this nvda did not keep[ my setting to run at startup. but anyway got it fixed I installed the beta last week but my computer was not shut down. until last night and when I booted up to night nvda was not running fixed for now. just thought I would report.

Vickie Andrada

Hmmmm, I've never had a problem getting NVDA to run at start up.

Vicki

On 12/21/2020 5:30 PM, Kevin Cussick via groups.io wrote:
Hi all, OK not really much of a problem but this has being going on now for years and it would be nice to see a fix for this nvda did not keep[ my setting to run at startup. but anyway got it fixed I installed the beta last week but my computer was not shut down. until last night and when I booted up to night nvda was not running fixed for now. just thought I would report.

This happens here as well. For no reason I can track down, It will not start up on reboot.