two questions regarding nvda

mike mcglashon

Hi guys:

I have two questions regarding nvda:

First,

Is there a “append to clipboard” command in nvda the way there is in jaws, “insert+windows+c” command?

Second,

I see that when I am in word, and I encounter a table, nvda does not say “entering table” or “exiting table” like jaws does;

Is there a way to turn this on?

(by the way, this also happens within webpages as well).

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Louis Maher

Hello Mike,

Regarding the clipboard:

Windows commands handle this situation.

If you want to put three things on the clipboard, select the first item, hit control + c.  Go to the second item, select it, and hit control + c.  Again select the third item and hit control + c.

Now go to where you want to paste item 1, hit windows + v.  This will give you a list of the things you have copied to the clipboard.  Arrow up and down the list until you find item one.  Hit enter.

Again move to the second and third spots, Up and down arrow to you find items 2 and 3, and hit enter for each.

hit windows + v, then enter.

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

E-mail ljmaher03@...

Is there a “append to clipboard” command in nvda the way there is in jaws, “insert+windows+c” command?

Second,

I see that when I am in word, and I encounter a table, nvda does not say “entering table” or “exiting table” like jaws does;

Is there a way to turn this on?

(by the way, this also happens within webpages as well).

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Gene

Every time you use control c, the previous item on the clipboard is removed and replaced by the new one. You can't copy multiple items to the clipboard as you describe.

I'll look at the what's new section in the NVDA beta to see if this ability has been added. At this time, I don't remember if you need an NVDA add-on to do this or if the ability has been added to the screen-reader.

E-mail ljmaher03@outlook.com

Is there a “append to clipboard” command in nvda the way there is in jaws, “insert+windows+c” command?

Second,

I see that when I am in word, and I encounter a table, nvda does not say “entering table” or “exiting table” like jaws does;

Is there a way to turn this on?

(by the way, this also happens within webpages as well).

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@comcast.net

Ph: 618 783 9331

Gene

To add text to the clipboard, you need an add-on. it is Clip Contents Designer. You can get it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipContentsDesigner.en.html

Is there a “append to clipboard” command in nvda the way there is in jaws,
“insert+windows+c” command?

Second,

I see that when I am in word, and I encounter a table, nvda does not say
“entering table” or “exiting table” like jaws does;

Is there a way to turn this on?

(by the way, this also happens within webpages as well).

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@comcast.net

Ph: 618 783 9331

Rui Fontes

Gene, Louis is right if you use Windows 10 and have activated this feature.

Rui Fontes

-----Original Message----- From: Louis Maher

Is there a “append to clipboard” command in nvda the way there is in jaws, “insert+windows+c” command?

Second,

I see that when I am in word, and I encounter a table, nvda does not say “entering table” or “exiting table” like jaws does;

Is there a way to turn this on?

(by the way, this also happens within webpages as well).

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@comcast.net

Ph: 618 783 9331

Gene

Since this can be done in Windows 10, is there a reason or advantage in using the add-on?

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 05:52 PM, Gene wrote:
Since this can be done in Windows 10, is there a reason or advantage in using the add-on?
-
I can see an advantage (or disadvantage, depending on your outlook).  The add-on appends things to the clipboard such that they all paste in one fell swoop.  Essentially, there's still a single clipboard that you're adding on to and that, when pasting, puts the entire collected content in where pasted.

The Windows 10 Clipboard History feature creates what amounts to multiple clipboards, and each time you copy or cut that action creates a new clipboard, and the existing ones get "bumped down the list of clipboards."  You can paste from any one of these clipboards, individually, but you can't say paste all of them from first to last, or I can't find a way to do it.

Louis Maher

Hello Gene,

To activate the Windows clipboard, do this:
---
"windows 10 clipboard
Turn on clipboard history from the start menu.
Hit Windows, type clipboard, enter on clipboard settings, tab to turn on history, tab to OK.
Windows + v turns on the clipboard.
Arrow up and down to find the clipboard entries. Most recent entry is on top. Hit enter to copy the item from the Windows clipboard to your target file.
---

[...]

Hettie <woehler.hettie@...>

How does one activate the function in windows 10?

Hettie

-----Original Message----- From: Rui Fontes

Is there a “append to clipboard” command in nvda the way there is in jaws, “insert+windows+c” command?

Second,

I see that when I am in word, and I encounter a table, nvda does not say “entering table” or “exiting table” like jaws does;

Is there a way to turn this on?

(by the way, this also happens within webpages as well).

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@comcast.net

Ph: 618 783 9331

https://www.avg.com

Hettie <woehler.hettie@...>

Thanks for the reply, Louis. I found your answer at the last message received today.

Hettie