link on email

Don H

Have noticed that the link on emails sent from this list for reply to sender does not work.

There are any number of reasons that could be.  More information is needed.

Presuming the Reply to Sender link is formatted correctly as mailto:personxyz@... then it should open correctly in either the e-mail client you have set in Windows as the default client or in the webmail you're using if you activate it there.

What's happening?  Any error messages?  Do you have a default e-mail client defined and is that client the same as the one you're reading in?  There are a number of things that need checking.

Don H

Links work as they should which are part of a email message body and all the other links on the bottom of the messages work as they should just the reply to sender doesn't work. Using the latest version of thunderbird on a win 10 20h2.

Presuming the Reply to Sender link is formatted correctly as mailto:personxyz@abcd.com <mailto:personxyz@abc.com> then it should open correctly in either the e-mail client you have set in Windows as the default client or in the webmail you're using if you activate it there.
What's happening?  Any error messages?  Do you have a default e-mail client defined and is that client the same as the one you're reading in?  There are a number of things that need checking.
[Regarding the Supreme Court refusing to hear the case brought by Texas to overturn the votes certified by 4 states:] /Pleased with the SCOTUS ruling, but also immediately slightly terrified of where this crazy train goes next.  We should know by now there’s a bottomless supply of crazy./
        ~ Brendan Buck, /former adviser to Speakers of the House Paul Ryan and John Boehner/

Don,

        A mailto link and a regular link are two different things.  I have given you things to check.  Whether you wish to follow up is entirely up to you, but without those answers, it is absolutely impossible to get to the root of the issue.

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

There was a thread about this very issue less than a month ago, let me
see if I can find it and link to it in the archives.

Don,

A mailto link and a regular link are two different things.  I have given you
things to check.  Whether you wish to follow up is entirely up to you, but
without those answers, it is absolutely impossible to get to the root of the
issue.

[ Regarding the Supreme Court refusing to hear the case brought by Texas to
overturn the votes certified by 4 states: ] Pleased with the SCOTUS ruling,
but also immediately slightly terrified of where this crazy train goes
next.  We should know by now there’s a bottomless supply of crazy.

~ Brendan Buck, former adviser to Speakers of the House Paul Ryan and John
Boehner

Sarah k Alawami

I think this might be a thunderbird thing. Try tabbing to the link and hitting enter. I can get it to work fine. what happens, any error messages etc?

On 1 Jan 2021, at 10:02, Brian Vogel wrote:

Don,

        A mailto link and a regular link are two different things.  I have given you things to check.  Whether you wish to follow up is entirely up to you, but without those answers, it is absolutely impossible to get to the root of the issue.

Sarah k Alawami

I can also search the thunderbird list as well as this is being discussed now, or it was as of last week. Some links work, most of them do not.

On 1/1/21, Brian Vogel britechguy@... wrote:

Don,

A mailto link and a regular link are two different things.  I have given you
things to check.  Whether you wish to follow up is entirely up to you, but
without those answers, it is absolutely impossible to get to the root of the
issue.

[ Regarding the Supreme Court refusing to hear the case brought by Texas to
overturn the votes certified by 4 states: ] Pleased with the SCOTUS ruling,
but also immediately slightly terrified of where this crazy train goes
next.  We should know by now there’s a bottomless supply of crazy.

~ Brendan Buck, former adviser to Speakers of the House Paul Ryan and John
Boehner

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

The thread in reference is here:
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topic/problem_with_links_in_email/78672628?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,100,78672628

On 1/1/21, Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Gene

The reply to sender link doesn't work with Thunderbirdd. I don't use the link anyway. The reason is that if you know how to reply to the sender using your e-mail program, you can reply to the sender on any e-mail list that shows the sender's address in the message you receive. I don't think other list serves have a mail to sender link. And, as may be the case here, even if a link is provided it may not work or work properly in your e-mail client.

In Thunderbird, reply to the sender in the following way:
Open the message you want to reply to the sender from.
Tab once. Then shift tab until you get to from and hear the sender's address.

Open the context menu and down arrow to an item that says something like send message to, compose message to, or something similar. I don't recall the exact wording. Press enter. A new blank message will be opened and you would write a subject and message. This doesn't reply to the message that is opened, but it’s a way to reply privately and you can discuss the message you are replying to.