Add-on version 21.01 released: Enhanced Touch Gestures, Resource Monitor, StationPlaylist, Windows 10 App Essentials #addonrelease

Hello everyone,

Four add-ons were updated to version 21.01:

  • Enhanced Touch Gestures: dedicated touch support toggle command was removed from the add-on as NVDA provides one. As a result, NVDA 2020.3 or later is required, and Enhanced Touch Gestures settings panel is hereby removed. For Windows 10 Version 1709 (Fall Creators Update/build 16299) users, performing a four finger flick left from a text field will summon dictation feature (Windows+H).
  • Resource Monitor: Windows version information is shortened. On Windows 8.x, Windows version announcement will now include build.revision information similar to the one Windows 10 users are accustomed to.
  • StationPlaylist: version 21.01 requires NVDA 2020.3 ion order to take advantage of recent GUI feature changes from NVDA, and SPL Studio 5.30 or later is required. Also, version 20.09.5-LTS (long-term support) version is also available for Studio 5.20 users, and I expect it will be the second to last 20.09.x release.
  • Windows 10 App Essentials: version 21.01 is the last version to support Windows 10 Version 1909 (November 2019 Update/build 18363), with the next stable version requiring Version 2004 (May 2020 Update/build 19041) or later. It also restores support for recent Mail and Calendar app and resolves history and memory list item announcements in Calculator. Also, from 21.01, NVDA 2020.3 or later is required.

As always, the new add-on updates can be retrieved via Add-on Updater or from community add-ons website.

Cheers,

Joseph

aad leeflang <aad@...>

hello joseph,

i am not so familiar with nvda but i use the station playlist ad-on.
i understand that i can jupdate the ad-on to use it with station playlist 5.30.
you wrote that you can update add-ons by using the updater.
i have been looking at the add-ons in my list but there is no update add-on button there.
can you please tell me how i can update them?

many thanks,
aad leeflang

Hello,

         I'm not Joseph, but what he's saying is that all add-ons will be checked to see if they are at their latest versions, and you'll be alerted that new updates are available if they are not, if you install the Add-On Updater Add-On.

         It even checks whether it is up to date, and will tell you when a newer version of itself becomes available.  I believe that this functionality will eventually be integrated into the NVDA core code, but until then the easiest way to have something monitor your collection of Add-Ons to make sure you have the latest is to use Add-On Updater.

       ~ Brian Vogel

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

You must have the following add on installed into nvda called add on updater which can be found at https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/addonUpdater.en.html <https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/addonUpdater.en.html>

After it has been installed into nvda it will then look for compatible add ons and look for a newer version of that add on.

I think you can also force it to look for updated add ons by going to tools then check for check for add on updates then follow directions.

there are some I guess call third party add ons which will not work with it until a add on author makes it compatible with the add on updater.

I mean by this they may come off other websites.

So they will not be updated.

Gene nz