From: ken lawrence via groups.io
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2021 5:44 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] any idea what's happening here?

Hi NVDA list strange event. I flipped through my email today as always and for some weird reason, the TV listtings message I get from NFB newsline which is well made and can be read with no problem can’t be seen by either NVDA or narrator. I can see the heaers and the download message as picture and open message in a new window but for some weird reason no headings links or anything. It’s as if the message is blank a whole day’s worth of TV listings based on the channels I set as favorites is invisible. I shutdown and restarted both NVDA and the computer altogether and it’s like it’s never read the thing before. Similar to that when the computer first starts it’s like a tv set warming up like in the old days NVDA can’t seem to tab forward or back it’s slow to respond to commands and slow loading pages. Any idea why the computer can’t recognize a message it has seen maybe a couple hundred times now?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Luke Davis

Do you happen to have an older day's listing message that you can test to see if you can still read?
The idea being to determine if it suddenly happens like this on all of their messages, even ones that worked previously (your problem), or if it's just this particular one (probably their problem).

Have you tried NVDA+n, t, r, to run the COM Reg Fixing Tool? It can sometimes resolve the "web documents acting strangely" issue.

Although I doubt it will help here, it is still worth doing.

Luke

hello luke.
about com registration fixing tool, one time i tested it when i did
not have any problem in my firefox.
nvda stopped working in firefox completely!
i sent email for you off list today.
God bless you!

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I don't think the original poster stated what mail program he was using, but I am wondering if in whatever program he uses if somehow the message pane got turned on by mistake.

On 1/8/2021 9:41 AM, zahra wrote:
[...]

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Luke Davis

I mean no offense Zahra, and I am sorry for your experience, but if this was under Windows XP: please know that nothing I say should ever be taken to apply to Windows XP unless specifically stated that it does. I have no idea what the tool was capable of doing, good or ill, in that environment. I have never used or trouble shot NVDA on Windows XP, and do not pretend to give advice about it.

Luke