outlook rebooting itself when messages contain some sort of graphics

mike mcglashon

Hi guys:

Am not sure if this issue is exclusive to nvda or not but,

It seems when I read messages using nvda in outlook,

When nvda encounters a graphic within the message,

outlook reboots itself;

any ideas?

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Ralf Kefferpuetz

I can confirm this rebooting problem while arrowing mails with some special graphics in their signitures. The sayAll works in those mails, but reading with the arrow-keys reboots outlook.

I think it is triggert by a twitter graphic, but that needs to be confirmed.

Cheers,

  ralf

Am not sure if this issue is exclusive to nvda or not but,

It seems when I read messages using nvda in outlook,

When nvda encounters a graphic within the message,

outlook reboots itself;

any ideas?

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Bob Cavanaugh

I was having the same issue with messages from Groupon, in fact that
was the main reason I joined this list, and never intended to stay
this long. Below is the solution that Quenton provided me that stopped
the crashing problem for me.
"Another setting which may make a difference, is an advanced setting:

1. Press NVDA+control+g to open NVDA's general settings.
2. Press CONTROL+SHIFT+TAB to move to the last tab
3. Press SPACEBAR to check that you acknowledge the warning.
4. Press TAB until you get to "Use UI Automation to access Microsoft
Word Document Controls when available".
5. Press SPACEBAR to toggle that
6. Press ENTER to close settings."

On 1/9/21, Ralf Kefferpuetz <ralf.kefferpuetz@elra-consulting.de> wrote:
I can confirm this rebooting problem while arrowing mails with some special
graphics in their signitures. The sayAll
works in those mails, but reading with the arrow-keys reboots outlook.

I think it is triggert by a twitter graphic, but that needs to be
confirmed.

Cheers,

ralf

Am not sure if this issue is exclusive to nvda or not but,

It seems when I read messages using nvda in outlook,

When nvda encounters a graphic within the message,

outlook reboots itself;

any ideas?

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.