beta 3 and closing programs (Using Powershell)

Richard Bartholomew

The following will list all processes running on Windows 10:

Get-process

If you want to pipe the output to a text file, enter:

Get-process >c:\documents\PSOutput.txt

Substituting your own path and filename, of course.

If you want to see all processes starting with, say, out (as in Outlook), enter:

Get-process -name “out*”

If you want to kill the Outlook process, enter:

stop-process -name outlook

You can put Powershell commands into a batch or command file by prefixing the above with the word powershell.

To enter Powershell, select it from the context menu brought up with Windows Key+X or type powershell from a command prompt.

HTH