hosting zoom

Arlene

Hi list. I know this might not be the place to ask here. Shoot me  if this is off topic. Is it easy to host any zoom meetings?  I had a death in the family. Nobody can get together. I did ask my small community if anybody knows how to use Zoom.  I’ve used it but never hosted a meeting. If you can do it. Do you  have to pay for it or is it for free? If it is for free. How many people can you have in your meeting?  Thanks.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

I am very sorry for your loss.

Your message is, indeed, off-topic for this list, but it would not be for the NVDA chat subgroup, nor for general tech lists such as blindtechguys+subscribe@... or for the BlindTech and TechTalk lists on Groups.io. Nonetheless, I am going to answer your questions in-line below.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 4:26 PM Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:

Hi list. I know this might not be the place to ask here. Shoot me  if this is off topic. Is it easy to host any zoom meetings?

Yes, it is.

  I had a death in the family. Nobody can get together. I did ask my small community if anybody knows how to use Zoom.  I’ve used it but never hosted a meeting. If you can do it. Do you  have to pay for it or is it for free?

It is free for up to 40 minutes if you have more than three people in a meeting. Otherwise, you must pay. You can always use alternatives such as Google Meet, although it will give you less control than Zoom for the free account.

If it is for free. How many people can you have in your meeting?

You can have up to 100 participants, but as I said above, anything more than three people, and your time limit will be 40 minutes.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

attachments for security threats.