Topics

is there some setting that controls this?

Sarah k Alawami

I gave the steps earlier.
windows plus t, shift tab, click the task view button, tab to the list. It will also show your desktops if you have any.

On 15 Jan 2021, at 15:53, Tyler Spivey wrote:

What's the long way? You can just press NVDA+f2, Windows+tab, or redefine that key in WinWizard.

On 1/15/2021 2:59 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Right, for me I have an add on that disables that key, winwizard to be more specific, so I have to do it the long ish way. thank goodness for more than one way.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. <http://www.tffppodcast.com>

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine. <http://tffppodcast.com/shadow>

Our discord <http://discord.tffppodcast.com> is where you will know when we go live on twitch. <http://twitch.tv/ke7zum> Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum> and my tffp lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@tffp> You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here <Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast>

On 15 Jan 2021, at 14:27, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

The fastest way to open Task View is pressing Windows+Tab.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2021 1:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Most of the time it doesn't, but there are certainly times
when I'd
like to know how many programs are running.

On 1/15/21, Gene gsasner@...
<mailto:gsasner@...> wrote:

Why does it matter? If you alt tab through running
programs, you'll
get to

the one you want. I' not saying it doesn't matter, but I
don't
understand where it would.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2021 1:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
On 1/15/21, Gene gsasner@gmail.com
<mailto:gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

I assume it will look at item count UIA property.
Cheers,
Joseph

I had to use Narrator to get me out of a tight spot yesterday, and
I've noticed this in previous experiences as well. Narrator, and every
other screen reader on Windows 7, gave the alt+tab list as a number
out of total programs, for example Windows Media Player 2 of 3. Now on
10, Narrator is the only screen reader that does this. Everything else
I've used with Windows 10 says "Windows Media Player row 1 column 2."
To me this is not useful at all, because I have no idea how many rows
there are, or how many columns are in a row. Is there a way to change
the way NVDA announces this?
Bob

Hi,
This is due to the way task switching window is presented to NVDA - visually, it is a table.
Cheers,
Joseph

Why does it matter? If you alt tab through running programs, you'll get to the one you want. I' not saying it doesn't matter, but I don't understand where it would.

I had to use Narrator to get me out of a tight spot yesterday, and
I've noticed this in previous experiences as well. Narrator, and every
other screen reader on Windows 7, gave the alt+tab list as a number
out of total programs, for example Windows Media Player 2 of 3. Now on
10, Narrator is the only screen reader that does this. Everything else
I've used with Windows 10 says "Windows Media Player row 1 column 2."
To me this is not useful at all, because I have no idea how many rows
there are, or how many columns are in a row. Is there a way to change
the way NVDA announces this?
Bob

Sarah k Alawami

Hello.
1. hold down alt
2. tap the other alt key.
now press tab and it should work fine. There is a setting but I don't give it as you I believe need to edit the registry.