how to reorder columns in Thunderbird

Charlotte

Hello everyone. I am setting up a new pc and my Thunderbird columns are wonky again. The subject reads first and I'd like the from field to read first. I know there is a way to reorder this I just can not remember it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Charlotte

Rosemarie Chavarria

I've been wondering how to rearrange columns in thunderbird too. I do have an add-on for that but don't quite know how to use it.

On 1/16/2021 11:52 AM, Charlotte wrote:
Hello everyone. I am setting up a new pc and my Thunderbird columns are wonky again. The subject reads first and I'd like the from field to read first. I know there is a way to reorder this I just can not remember it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Charlotte

Gene

The easiest way is to use the NVDA add-on Mozilla Apps Enhancements. You can get it and read about it here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/mozillaScripts.en.html

If you use NVDA key h, a dialog will come up. You are in a list of columns. To get the from line to appear before the subject line, find subject, then tab to and use the move down button. Pressing it once may be enough. As I recall, the dialog has an ok button. You must change the order in every folder. If you want the change to be made in the inbox and other folders, in other words, you must be in the message list for every folder you want to change and make the change.

I really think there is no excuse for Mozilla not to have made changing column order accessible. The program has been in existence for years and they must have gotten many complaints and requests over the years.

Hello everyone. I am setting up a new pc and my Thunderbird columns are
wonky again. The subject reads first and I'd like the from field to read
first. I know there is a way to reorder this I just can not remember it.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Charlotte

matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@...>

Hi,

There is an addon called mozilla inhanced addon which will allow you to
do this.  HTH,.

Matthew

On 1/16/21 2:52 PM, Charlotte wrote:
Hello everyone. I am setting up a new pc and my Thunderbird columns
are wonky again. The subject reads first and I'd like the from field
to read first. I know there is a way to reorder this I just can not
remember it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Charlotte

Rosemarie Chavarria

How do you reorder the columns using the add-on?

On 1/16/2021 1:22 PM, matthew dyer wrote:
Hi,

There is an addon called mozilla inhanced addon which will allow you to
do this.  HTH,.

Matthew

On 1/16/21 2:52 PM, Charlotte wrote:
Hello everyone. I am setting up a new pc and my Thunderbird columns
are wonky again. The subject reads first and I'd like the from field
to read first. I know there is a way to reorder this I just can not
remember it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Charlotte

Gene

I describe how in my message. Also, this is a very common method for something to work. You are presented with a list of items, you select an item in the list and you then tab through the fields to see what you can do. That is how the add-ons manager in NVDA works and a lot of other interfaces.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 04:38 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
How do you reorder the columns using the add-on?
-
Please, people, take a look at the page for a given add-on, in this case Mozilla Apps Enhancements, before asking questions like this.  Most add-on developers for the "officially vetted" add-ons document each and every command you can use with it, and this one is no exception.

See the commands listed under the Thunderbird section, In messages list subsection.  The moving of columns is covered there.

       ~ Brian Vogel

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi Charlotte.  Press alt-v for the view menu, arrow down to "Sort By" and choose the columns items  from there.  Choose the "From" radio item, press enter and you'll be on your way.  Cheers!

On 17/1/2021 3:52 am, Charlotte wrote:
Hello everyone. I am setting up a new pc and my Thunderbird columns are wonky again. The subject reads first and I'd like the from field to read first. I know there is a way to reorder this I just can not remember it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Charlotte

Gene

That won't address the problem. That is how messages are organized in the list and has nothing to do with what order headers appear in reading order in the list.

Hi Charlotte. Press alt-v for the view menu, arrow down to "Sort By"
and choose the columns items from there. Choose the "From" radio item,
press enter and you'll be on your way. Cheers!

On 17/1/2021 3:52 am, Charlotte wrote:
Hello everyone. I am setting up a new pc and my Thunderbird columns are wonky again. The subject reads first and I'd like the from field to read first. I know there is a way to reorder this I just can not remember it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Charlotte

Charlotte

Thanks so much for this. I'll go and download the add on on my new device and read up on the documentation. This sounds like it will do the trick.

-----Original Message----- From: Charlotte
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2021 1:52 PM
To: nvda@groups.io

--
Check out my blog about blindness, chronic illness, and owning a crafting business at www.mamaotterstidbits.wordpress.com

Visit my shop for a selection of handmade jewelry and seasonal items.
Click here.
http://www.mamaotter.com

Need a tasty snack? Love popcorn? Fudge fan? Sweet on saltwater taffy? Try Hayward Main Street Gourmet Popcorn. Many flavors and gift packs.
Click Here.
http://mamaotter.haywardgourmet.com

If you're a crafter looking to advertise your wares, or you wish to buy handcrafted products, send a blank email to HandmadeSellNTrade+subscribe@groups.io