From: "Pele West" <pele.westlists@gmail.com>
To: "NVDA" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 3:05 AM
Subject: [nvda] Excel 2016 Formulas

Hello Everyone

A few days ago I wrote to the list to say that having installed MS
Office 2016 NVDA did not speak when I typed Excel formulas.

Following advice from Quentin, I have found that if I disable the Dictation
Bridge addon the formulas speak.

So, if anyone else has the same problem, it is worth seeing if you have
Dictation Bridge installed and disabling it.

Pele West

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 05:44 AM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
where is this dictation bridge hiding?
-
The statement was, "the Dictation Bridge Add-On."

Like all add-ons, the ones you've installed are handled by the NVDA Add-Ons Manager.  This does not appear to be an "officially vetted" add-on.  See:

Dictation Bridge

If you've never sought this out, you don't have it.  I reported that I've got the same non-speaking of formulas behavior with 2020.beta4 and I know that I don't have the Dictation Bridge Add-On, though I have not as yet tried restarting with add-ons disabled to see if it's likely triggered by some add-on rather than NVDA itself.

       ~ Brian Vogel

Pranav Lal

Hi Pele,

Thanks for reporting. I'll check what happens here. Ideally, dictationBridge
should not be interfering with excel.

Did you have dragon running at the time when you ran excel?

Pranav

Pranav Lal

Its on dictationbridge.com.

No hiding, it is in the addons manager.

Pranav

Pele West

Hello Pranav

Thanks for writing.

I have never used Dragon. Dictation Bridge was one of the addons
installed when I received my Windows 10 computer, and I just left it
there. I have uninstalled it now.

Pele