Topics

announcing empty lines can be annouing

Davy Cuppens

Hi folks

Last question before Easter,
When reading texts line per line, NVDA always announces empty line when it encounters one.
Can this be set off?
Regards
Davy

Patrick Le Baudour

Hi,

I have found one way :
add an entry in the dictionnary, with input
^empty$
(assuming nvda tells you empty for empty lines) replaced by nothing. Select regular expression as type.

The side effect would be that it probably not read any line, button or any other object containing only the word empty. But so far I have found no better way.

-- Patrick.

Le 25/03/2016 17:37, Davy Cuppens a écrit :
Hi folks
Last question before Easter,
When reading texts line per line, NVDA always announces empty line when
it encounters one.
Can this be set off?
Regards
Davy

Chris

and ===== can be equally annoying :D
why not say ten equals instead of repeating over and over :(

On 26/03/2016 11:26, Patrick Le Baudour wrote:
Hi,

I have found one way :
add an entry in the dictionnary, with input
^empty$
(assuming nvda tells you empty for empty lines) replaced by nothing. Select regular expression as type.

The side effect would be that it probably not read any line, button or any other object containing only the word empty. But so far I have found no better way.

-- Patrick.

Le 25/03/2016 17:37, Davy Cuppens a écrit :
Hi folks
Last question before Easter,
When reading texts line per line, NVDA always announces empty line when
it encounters one.
Can this be set off?
Regards
Davy

Andre Fisher

I don't understand what you are saying.
========== comes out as 10 = on my end.

On 3/26/16, Chris <chrismedley@btinternet.com> wrote:
[...]

Pete <emac00@...>

Hi Cris
May be there are five equal signs a space then five more and so on repeating the equal sign space combination.
like below:
===== ===== ===== =====
not sure how to tell nvda / espeak dictionary how it should say this.
Pete

On 3/27/2016 12:03 PM, Andre Fisher wrote:
[...]

go to bottom of this message and you see what i mean

just above the signature

On 27/03/2016 17:03, Andre Fisher wrote:
[...]

yeah thats what ieant mate

On 27/03/2016 19:20, Pete wrote:

[...]

It's a line of equals and dashes. At the second level of punctuation showing, it comes out as only equals.
You could always add a dictionary entry with "(-=)+-" as input.

-- Patrick

Le 27/03/2016 21:30, Chris a écrit :
go to bottom of this message and you see what i mean

just above the signature

Pete <emac00@...>

at the bottom I just have one blank line.
The equals equals equals and so on is realy
equals dash equals dash equals dash and so on.
If it's a solid line of equals with no spaces or other symbols I think nvda will say the character 3 to 5 times and then say how many are there.
What is the colon cap d after the five equals message?
Pete

On 3/27/2016 3:30 PM, Chris wrote:
[...]

Here nvda says blank for empty lines.
Pete

On 3/27/2016 4:53 PM, Pete wrote:

[...]

laughing smiley :D
well jthats what nvda tells me anyway :D

cheers

On 27/03/2016 21:53, Pete wrote:

[...]

o k
LOL