NVDA REMOTE

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

uUnfortunately I don't have an option in the playroom. I'll just have to release the remote in these cases.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA REMOTE

As I said, you may need to change the F11 for GoldWave and/or Playroom.

Not all input gestures are assignable, and if the one for NVDA Remote happens to be a fixed one, then look to the other(s).

There are a finite number of keyboard shortcut combinations, and the more add-ons and/or other software that's running the more likely a collision will occur.  If you have two that collide where neither can be changed, then you will need to disable the one you do not need at the moment in Add-Ons manager.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel

Hi,

Right , F11 won’t show up in input gestures dialog as it is a hard-coded value inside Remote add-on. Tyler, any thoughts?

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 9:12 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

I looked in there and there is nothing available for changing the command that switches you from local to remote.

Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 9:46 AM

Virtually all shortcut key assignments are handled in the Input Gestures dialog of NVDA.

From something once sent to me by Joseph Lee:  one would go to NVDA menu/Preferences/Input gestures, expand an add-on category, then expand the unassigned command description and press a hotkey to be used to perform the described command.

In your case you will possibly be dealing with both unassigning and reassigning previously assigned commands for one add-on then assigning for another if you've got multiple add-ons that use the same function key for different functions.
--

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel

As I said, you may need to change the F11 for GoldWave and/or Playroom.

Not all input gestures are assignable, and if the one for NVDA Remote happens to be a fixed one, then look to the other(s).

There are a finite number of keyboard shortcut combinations, and the more add-ons and/or other software that's running the more likely a collision will occur.  If you have two that collide where neither can be changed, then you will need to disable the one you do not need at the moment in Add-Ons manager.
--

~ Brian Vogel

I looked in there and there is nothing available for changing the command that switches you from local to remote.

Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 9:46 AM

Virtually all shortcut key assignments are handled in the Input Gestures dialog of NVDA.

From something once sent to me by Joseph Lee:  one would go to NVDA menu/Preferences/Input gestures, expand an add-on category, then expand the unassigned command description and press a hotkey to be used to perform the described command.

In your case you will possibly be dealing with both unassigning and reassigning previously assigned commands for one add-on then assigning for another if you've got multiple add-ons that use the same function key for different functions.
--

~ Brian Vogel

--

~ Brian Vogel

how can I change the shortcut from F11 to shift+F11? F11 is used in both GoldWave and QuentinC Playroom  
family Times weekly Movie times

go to Doc's Stream
http://stream.wrighthere.net:8000/stream.mp3
Ask Miss A to play family times on tuneIn
You can also find family times on OoTunes.

walking in VictoryI welcome all that are interested in joining our devotionals on Monday thru saturdays at 8am EST. join the devotion channel.
Also, there is a weekly bible study at 8pm EST in the Walking with Jesus channel.

Add the following information in your TeamTalk
host address: wiv.wrighthere.net
TCP/UDP ports: 10333

entry name: walking in Victory
tab twice and press space on Add/update