Making NVDA speak characters as they're typed

Jon W Parsons

When typing in edit boxes, NVDA does not speak the characters I type
Even when typing in a text editor it does not speak as I type.
How can I make it speak as I type?

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Use the nvda key +number 2 on the main keyboard. it will toggle it from off to on of of speaking of characters.

Gene nz

On 1/02/2021 9:16 am, Jon W Parsons wrote:
When typing in edit boxes, NVDA does not speak the characters I type
Even when typing in a text editor it does not speak as I type.
How can I make it speak as I type?

Sarah k Alawami

Try nvda plus numrow two. It is a toggle.

Hope this helps a bit.

When typing in edit boxes, NVDA does not speak the characters I type Even when typing in a text editor it does not speak as I type.
How can I make it speak as I type?

Kerryn Gunness

try pressing nvda key and number 2 to tuggle this feature on the qwerty keyboard