Accessible PDF Editor?

Clement Chou

Can anyone recommend one? Need it for editing / combining resumes and
cover letters. Thanks.

Quentin Christensen

I'd recommend writing in Word and using Word's "Export" function to save as PDF.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

If this is a repeat, I apologize.  The original seems to have disappeared and isn't showing up in the archive.

If you're using Office 2016 or later (possibly 2013 or later) it has a native save in PDF option.

       ~ Brian Vogel

Clement Chou

So word is a viable option then... thanks for letting me know! Does
the same apply for editing them?

If this is a repeat, I apologize.  The original seems to have disappeared
and isn't showing up in the archive.

If you're using Office 2016 or later (possibly 2013 or later) it has a
native save in PDF option.

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval
can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 10:28 AM, Clement Chou wrote:
Does
the same apply for editing them?
-
That depends on what you mean.  Word can definitely read in PDF files and convert them for editing, but there are occasions where something may change in the formatting based upon how they were created.

In your case, if this is for what you say it is, you'd just create and edit everything as Word, and save your main source material in MS-Word format.  You'd just need to do a Save As with the latest versions when you want PDF versions of same.  I personally don't like Microsoft's PDF conversions due to size - they tend to turn out much larger than other methods.  I use PDFConverter, which like a great many PDF converters functions as a virtual printer.  You can send any file type to it and it will spit out the PDF equivalent of same.  The resulting PDF file is generally much smaller, too.

       ~ Brian Vogel

Clement Chou

Will look into that too. Thanks for the extra tip about PDF converter.