I think it's time to think about an add-on for Zara

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

Hi,
Perhaps this topic isn't for the entire list but rather for developers
only, but I do think it's time to consider developing an NVDA add-on
for Zara Radio, as nobody seems to know quite how to help me use it
fully, though now I'm just playing around with features of the program
I may never use anyway. There are a few things about it I'd like to
see changed though that I can't access right now.
Bob

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

I should mention that per our discussion last month, I did email them
again, but only on Thursday evening, and haven't got a response yet. I
also posted on two different radio boards with no luck on workarounds.
It looks like some of its features can be accessed from the command
line, but there's no documentation about what can be done or how to do
it that I can find. It says playlists can execute bat and EXE files,
but I have no idea what the purpose of such executions would be. Also,
how many of you use break notes in Station Playlist, and how
accessible are they there? It looks like Zara can do something similar
by adding a text file to the playlist, but NVDA doesn't read anything
when that comes up.

On 1/31/21, Bob Cavanaugh via groups.io <cavbob1993=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,
Perhaps this topic isn't for the entire list but rather for developers
only, but I do think it's time to consider developing an NVDA add-on
for Zara Radio, as nobody seems to know quite how to help me use it
fully, though now I'm just playing around with features of the program
I may never use anyway. There are a few things about it I'd like to
see changed though that I can't access right now.
Bob

Sarah k Alawami

Can you give a valid use case as to why such an add on might be needed if the app is hardly ever used? I don't even use it. In fact, I've never even heard of it. What are you having trouble with? What don't you like? Your message is not specific enough for us to help troubleshoot.