tiflotecnia vocalizer is marked as malicious by symantec

internet@...

Mallard

Hello Governor,

No, I can assure you there's nothing wrong with Carmit. In fact, it's an excellent Hebrew voice.

I don't know Symantech's antivirus, but there should be an option to continue with the download, otherwise you might have to disable it for the time you need to download the add-on.

Take care,

Ollie

Il 14/01/2018 09:54, internet@moch.gov.il ha scritto:

Hi
i'm trying to download http://www.tiflotecnia.net/ftp/vocalizer-voice-carmit-Plus.nvda-addon

but Symantec Blue Coat blocks it. Is somthing wrong with this add on?

look at that:

https://sitereview.bluecoat.com/sitereview.jsp#/?search=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tiflotecnia.net%2Fftp%2Fvocalizer-voice-carmit-Plus.nvda-addon

Rui Fontes

Hello!

I suppose one of the problems can be the absence of https...

I have requested a review...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 08:54 de 14/01/2018, internet@moch.gov.il escreveu:

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'd suspect then that if somebody could do this via dropbox for hem that would work?
I have been finding all sorts of troubles, not on my machine, but on those with other AVs on them as most podcast downloads are http, and when they change this some podcatchers fail so its kind of catch 22 for them.
I'd have thought for exceptions most security software could be configured to allow some http sites at the users risk?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I suppose one of the problems can be the absence of https...

I have requested a review...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 08:54 de 14/01/2018, internet@moch.gov.il escreveu:
Hi
i'm trying to download http://www.tiflotecnia.net/ftp/vocalizer-voice-carmit-Plus.nvda-addon

but Symantec Blue Coat blocks it. Is somthing wrong with this add on?

look at that:

https://sitereview.bluecoat.com/sitereview.jsp#/?search=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tiflotecnia.net%2Fftp%2Fvocalizer-voice-carmit-Plus.nvda-addon

Lenron

Anti virus stuff is starting to really annoy me. Windows defender
keeps flashing some of my installers that I know are clean as viruses.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Rui Fontes

By the way, here is the answer to my review request:

Assunto: Blue Coat Site Review submission #12549977
De: site_review@symantec.com
Data: 15/01/2018 08:08
Para: rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com

Submitted URL: http://www.tiflotecnia.net/ftp/vocalizer-voice-carmit-Plus.nvda-addon
Suggested category: Software Downloads
Your comments: The http://www.tiflotecnia.net/ftp/ is only a repository of addons for the NVDA screen reader, allowing the use of other speech synthesizer, in this case, Vocalizer for NVDA, and you can read about on www.vocalizer-nvda.com. Any other explanation, please ask.
Reviewed: 15 de Janeiro de 2018 8:08:54 UTC

Based on your recommendation and after careful evaluation of the Web content submitted, a Web Content Analyst has recategorized this URL as Computers/Internet.

Thank you,

Blue Coat WebFilter
filtering@bluecoat.com

--------------------

Blue Coat does not select which category or categories are blocked or allowed. This decision is controlled by policy defined by our customers. If you feel that a certain category or site should be either blocked or allowed, click here to find out more about how to change your Internet access policy.

If you have any other questions that should be directed to the Blue Coat WebFilter team, feel free to reply to this message.

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 11:09 de 15/01/2018, Lenron escreveu:

[...]

Thank you very much!!

A lot of av stuff does this.

Someone wanted to uninstall the antivirus, I don't care to myself but you could force the antivirus not to run via services as well as apps in win10.

People have excluded all their drives from scanning. or important folders.

But to be honest if an antivirus is that bad thats its reporting things as bad when they are not who knows.

What is worse they change from one day to the next.

On 16/01/2018 12:09 a.m., Lenron wrote:
[...]

Gene

You don't have to take such extreme measures nor should you just for this problem.  I'm sure there is a way to turn off protection while you run the installer, then turn it back on.  Some installers specifically tell you to turn off protection before running the installer.  There may be more false positives with Windows Defender than their used to be but that's hardly a major problem and the solution, if you want to continue to use the program is  either to turn off protection or, if it is flagging a running program, to exclude the program from what the antivirus program scans.  Generally, antivirus programs have that ability.  Windows
Defender probably does to.

Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 10:42 PM

A lot of av stuff does this.

Someone wanted to uninstall the antivirus, I don't care to myself but
you could force the antivirus not to run via services as well as apps in
win10.

People have excluded all their drives from scanning. or important folders.

But to be honest if an antivirus is that bad thats its reporting things
as bad when they are not who knows.

What is worse they change from one day to the next.

On 16/01/2018 12:09 a.m., Lenron wrote:
> Anti virus stuff is starting to really annoy me. Windows defender
> keeps flashing some of my installers that I know are clean as viruses.
>
> On 1/15/18, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
> <bglists@...> wrote:
>> I'd suspect then that if somebody could do this via dropbox for hem that
>> would work?
>>   I have been finding all sorts of troubles, not on my machine, but on those
>>
>> with other AVs on them as most podcast downloads are http, and when they
>> change this some podcatchers fail so its kind of catch 22 for them.
>> I'd have thought for exceptions most security software could be configured
>> to allow some http sites at the users risk?
>>   Brian
>>
>> bglists@...
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal email to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.

Frankly I wish there were.

Its all after the fact.

The only thing I have been able to do, is exclude the folder or folders including my programs backup folders, all my screen reader, blind software, games and basically every other software that may or may not especially bgt from being scanned.

On the next reformat or machines replacement I will have designated folders for things then exclude these from ever being scanned as well as some sort of unprocessed folder for stuff I am not sure of.

Thats hardly an compromise in fact thats putting me at a really great deal of risk.

But its clear not only that some antivirus manufacturers are not only not being accessible but they are targeting us on purpose, Now bgt can be excused because aparently it was how it was written but for the rest of it, I am not sure.

If it was safe to do so at this point I'd probably just delete my security software, and firewall and everything just so I can use the computer without my useless software making my life hell instead of protecting me.

Before I was all for security but now I don't know, maybe its just to much trouble or as much as being hacked into.

Every time I have a problem thats another program I have to reinstall, another unknown trogen which doesn't make sence, possibly another reformat to do due to corrupt system files.

I had that with norton.

Msse works right now because I have excluded just about everything that its found so far including games, screen readers etc.

On 17/01/2018 9:06 p.m., Gene wrote:
[...]

I don't know why you are having the problem.  I haven't become familiar with Windows Defender because I don't have Windows 10. But you should be able to exclude specific folders for specific programs.  I don't know if Windows Defender lets you exclude specific files.

Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 2:21 AM

Frankly I wish there were.

Its all after the fact.

The only thing I have been able to do, is exclude the folder or folders
including my programs backup folders, all my screen reader, blind
software, games and basically every other software that may or may not
especially bgt from being scanned.

On the next reformat or machines replacement I will have designated
folders for things then exclude these from ever being scanned as well as
some sort of unprocessed folder for stuff I am not sure of.

Thats hardly an compromise in fact thats putting me at a really great
deal of risk.

But its clear not only that some antivirus manufacturers are not only
not being accessible but they are targeting us on purpose, Now bgt can
be excused because aparently it was how it was written but for the rest
of it, I am not sure.

If it was safe to do so at this point I'd probably just delete my
security software, and firewall and everything just so I can use the
computer without my useless software making my life hell instead of
protecting me.

Before I was all for security but now I don't know, maybe its just to
much trouble or as much as being hacked into.

Every time I have a problem thats another program I have to reinstall,
another unknown trogen which doesn't make sence, possibly another
reformat to do due to corrupt system files.

I had that with norton.

Msse works right now because I have excluded just about everything that
its found so far including games, screen readers etc.

On 17/01/2018 9:06 p.m., Gene wrote:
> You don't have to take such extreme measures nor should you just for this problem.  I'm sure there is a way to turn off protection while you run the installer, then turn it back on.  Some installers specifically tell you to turn off protection before running the installer.  There may be more false positives with Windows Defender than their used to be but that's hardly a major problem and the solution, if you want to continue to use the program is  either to turn off protection or, if it is flagging a running program, to exclude the program from what the antivirus program scans.  Generally, antivirus programs have that ability.  Windows
> Defender probably does to.
>
> Gene

hmm well I wish I knew how to stop this in windows defender it's
driving me nuts.

I don't know why you are having the problem. I haven't become familiar with
Windows Defender because I don't have Windows 10. But you should be able to
exclude specific folders for specific programs. I don't know if Windows
Defender lets you exclude specific files.

Shaun Everiss

I suppose one of the problems can be the absence of https...

I have requested a review...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 08:54 de 14/01/2018, internet@moch.gov.il escreveu:
Hi
i'm trying to download
http://www.tiflotecnia.net/ftp/vocalizer-voice-carmit-Plus.nvda-addon

but Symantec Blue Coat blocks it. Is somthing wrong with this add on?

look at that:

https://sitereview.bluecoat.com/sitereview.jsp#/?search=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tiflotecnia.net%2Fftp%2Fvocalizer-voice-carmit-Plus.nvda-addon

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

Gene

If someone doesn't tell us, I'll check with an Internet search and see what I can find out.

On 1/17/18, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
> I don't know why you are having the problem.  I haven't become familiar with
> Windows Defender because I don't have Windows 10. But you should be able to
> exclude specific folders for specific programs.  I don't know if Windows
> Defender lets you exclude specific files.
>
> Gene

I have had no issues with MSSe, but one has got to be careful with defender.

The only thing msse finds are the Microsoft tools, but \I've told it to ignore that.

Unfortunately all of the other anti virus installations have had mega issues.
I'll not single any out really. the fall into the inaccessible and the downright nosey and slowing down camps.
If we really were in danger of being hacked then nothing will stop them in my view.

Obviously the best defence is knowledge of how the nasties get in in the first place.