Pause When Changing Paragraphs in Say All

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

When reading lengthy academic articles or somewhat dense books, I find
it quite helpful to read paragraph by paragraph so as to distinguish
between the different ideas and strands being analysed by the author.
However, I also simultaneously need to be able to skim these texts
using say all, for sake of efficiency. While I do navigate line by
line and paragraph by paragraph to fulfill the former need, there is a
certain behaviour I wish to have to meet the latter need. I would like
to use NVDA's say all functionality, but everytime there is a change
in paragraph, I would like there to be a pause longer than that which
the synthesizer inserts at the end of a sentence. Is there some way of
manipulating the Speech Dictionaries to acieve this? Alternatively,
would there be interest from an add-on author to implement this small
but valuable feature via an add-on?

I would truly appreciate all suggestions and inputs.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Patrick Le Baudour

Hi,

i got some result using the speech dictionary, in regular expression mode, replacing
$
with
there may be some side effects, though, as there is no way to limit it to the say all function. Maybe a better pattern could be something like [\.":;]\s*$

-- Patrick