A quick question about NVDA certification

reddimalla reddimalla <reddimalla3@...>

Hello all, Hope everyone keeps safe!

Folks, I want to do NVDA certification. So my question is, Do we have a chance to do NVDA certification? If yes, please share the required material, and let me know where We can do.

Thanks in advance!

Shyam Reddimalla!

Web: https://www.dpwd.org

YouTube Channel is also the same.

Gene

See this page.  It goes into detail about the certifications you can get and provides links.  I didn't follow them but they presujmably give more information.

I found the page by doing a Google search for NVDA certification.  I often do searches using Google rather than going to specific web sites because it is often faster and more efficient.

Gene

On 2/7/2021 5:45 AM, reddimalla reddimalla wrote:

Hello all, Hope everyone keeps safe!

Folks, I want to do NVDA certification. So my question is, Do we have a chance to do NVDA certification? If yes, please share the required material, and let me know where We can do.

Thanks in advance!

Shyam Reddimalla!

Web: https://www.dpwd.org

YouTube Channel is also the same.

Gene

I forgot to include  the link.

https://certification.nvaccess.org/

Gene

On 2/7/2021 6:15 AM, Gene via groups.io wrote:

See this page.  It goes into detail about the certifications you can get and provides links.  I didn't follow them but they presumably give more information.

I found the page by doing a Google search for NVDA certification.  I often do searches using Google rather than going to specific web sites because it is often faster and more efficient.

Gene

On 2/7/2021 5:45 AM, reddimalla reddimalla wrote:

Hello all, Hope everyone keeps safe!

Folks, I want to do NVDA certification. So my question is, Do we have a chance to do NVDA certification? If yes, please share the required material, and let me know where We can do.

Thanks in advance!

Shyam Reddimalla!

Web: https://www.dpwd.org

YouTube Channel is also the same.

Chris Smart

Hi. I am working on this as well.

I'm just about ready to attempt the exam for the second time.

Hint: Just type NVDA certification into Google and see what the first result is.

That do it yourself attitude may help you as you prepare for the online exam.

Chris

On 2021-02-07 6:45 a.m., reddimalla reddimalla wrote:

Hello all, Hope everyone keeps safe!

Folks, I want to do NVDA certification. So my question is, Do we have a chance to do NVDA certification? If yes, please share the required material, and let me know where We can do.

Thanks in advance!

Shyam Reddimalla!

Web: https://www.dpwd.org

YouTube Channel is also the same.

Chris Smart

Darn, I was hoping he could find that on his own, with Google.

But yes, everything is explained there.

On 2021-02-07 8:09 a.m., Gene wrote:

I forgot to include  the link.

https://certification.nvaccess.org/

Gene

He and others may be more inclined to in future. I don't know what the situation is now, I haven't looked at the NVDA site in any detail for quite some time, but in the past, it often was much easier to find things using Google. Even if the site was wonderfully organized, it often would be significantly faster, as it is in many other instances to use Google than to go to a site and then search it, especially when Google is a very familiar interface and the site you are going to may not be.

If I want to find out about an add-on, I do a search for the add-on, for example, additional NVDA voices. Google is smart enough to find the page even though the actual word used is extra voices on the page. I just tried searching for additional NVDA synthesizers. Google is smart enough to show the voices page.

It is unfortunate that so many people are unaware of the power and value of Google searches or other good search engine searches.

I forgot to include the link.

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 10:00 AM, Gene wrote:
It is unfortunate that so many people are unaware of the power and value of Google searches or other good search engine searches.
-
Amen to that!

I have preached, repeatedly, that knowing how to do a web search, in 2021, is a basic skill, and if you don't have it then acquiring it is one of the first things you should be trying to do.

And the range of search operators for any search engine is wide (and not often necessary to deal with, I might add) and allows you to drill through a world of data with almost laser-like focus.

One of the operators I do use with some frequency, and which applies here, is the site: operator.  While, like any search term, it can be stuck anywhere in a list of search criteria I generally place it either at the beginning or the end.  If you only wanted to search for something at NVAccess then adding the search term site:nvaccess.org (no spaces, just the word site, the colon, and the website sans any need for http://) and you will be searching only that website for content.  You can even get more specific, such that if you only wanted to search the News portion of the NVAccess site, you would put, site:nvaccess.org/news.

That one operator, when you know that you only want content from a single website or some sub-segment of that site, will eliminate possibly hundreds of thousands of extraneous results.

Google has a great Advanced Search page, with fillable edit boxes/dropdowns, that tells you (if it's accessible) right after all of those fill-in boxes how you can do the same thing in a regular Google Search using operators, as most of us will never come close to combining all of the potential advanced options on the Advanced Search page.  There are also more tutorials that you can shake a stick at regarding Google Search operators and how to use them.

       ~ Brian Vogel

Monte Single

I have not refined my searchskills much, but I have found that using startpage instead of google cuts out a lot of garbage and I usually find what I need in the first half dozen links.

[...]

Arlene

, I find Start page is just as good as google. You don’t get advertising. I prefer start page as my search engine. I tell everybody Iknow I is a good search engine.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

I have not used Google in years as my primary search engine.  I like DuckDuckGo, and StartPage is an equally good alternative for those who prefer it.

The search operator syntax has been pretty largely consistent across different search engines.  So if you did learn for Google, what you're used to is very likely to be used with whatever search engine it is you now prefer.

       ~ Brian Vogel

Rosemarie Chavarria

I've used startpage before and it is really good.

On 2/7/2021 10:34 AM, Arlene wrote:

[...]

Duckduckgo is really good too because they don't track you.

On 2/7/2021 10:00 AM, Monte Single wrote:

[...]

I haven't used Start Page enough to compare in many ways. I know that Start Page uses Google for its searches and that it doesn't track you. What I don't know is if there are features or abilities Google has that Start Page doesn't. for example, Google is very good at correcting spellings which makes searching very convenient. Sometimes, a spell checker won't know what I'm misspelling, but Google does. If a spell checker offers no suggestions, I may check the word on Google. The same with proper names I want to know how to spell.

Also, Google has very convenient features like web snippets and people also ask.

I don't search when I'm signed into Google because it makes it less likely Google will know who is searching, in terms of my identity.

I don't see a serious problem with what you are calling garbage. I simply use h from the top of the page and quickly go down to web results, if that's what I want to look at, which is a heading. From there, I continue by heading.

[...]

Neither does Start Page.

[...]

I was thinking about different search engines and an important advantage may be that Start Page and Duck Duck go (spelling), since they don't track you, may not try to tailor results. You may get a broader representation of results that don't trap you in an information bubble. If you research a political subject, for example, you may see more sites with more differing opinions.

[...]

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval
can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel

Monte Single

Duckduckgo!Does it come with cartoons?

Sorry,

Monte

[...]

It has Donald Duck--hahahahahahaha. Couldn't resist that one.

[...]

That's true.

On 2/7/2021 12:27 PM, Gene wrote:
Neither does Start Page.

Gene