windows essentials addon incompatible

mike mcglashon

Hi guys:

When I launch nvda,

It asks me if I want to addons,

I say yes,

Then I get an error that windows essentials addon is incompatible, and,

Some other error;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Lino Morales

Well what version of NVDA qare you running? Remember Joseph has said time and time again what it is compatible with.

On 2/8/2021 4:24 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

Hi guys:

When I launch nvda,

It asks me if I want to addons,

I say yes,

Then I get an error that windows essentials addon is incompatible, and,

Some other error;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

mike mcglashon

When I went into the help/about,

It says nvda version 2020.4 beta 4;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Well what version of NVDA qare you running? Remember Joseph has said time and time again what it is compatible with.

On 2/8/2021 4:24 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

Hi guys:

When I launch nvda,

It asks me if I want to addons,

I say yes,

Then I get an error that windows essentials addon is incompatible, and,

Some other error;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Lino Morales

Well I ust installed it here and no problems. Try it again. Also down NVDA 2020 RC1 which came out today.

On 2/8/2021 4:30 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

When I went into the help/about,

It says nvda version 2020.4 beta 4;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Well what version of NVDA qare you running? Remember Joseph has said time and time again what it is compatible with.

On 2/8/2021 4:24 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

Hi guys:

When I launch nvda,

It asks me if I want to addons,

I say yes,

Then I get an error that windows essentials addon is incompatible, and,

Some other error;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

mike mcglashon

Okay,

Will do;

Can I just use the check for updates thing from the menu?

Or,

\must I use the link that came out earlier?

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Well what version of NVDA qare you running? Remember Joseph has said time and time again what it is compatible with.

On 2/8/2021 4:24 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

Hi guys:

When I launch nvda,

It asks me if I want to addons,

I say yes,

Then I get an error that windows essentials addon is incompatible, and,

Some other error;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Lino Morales

Yeah I'd go ahead and use the check for updates option.

On 2/8/2021 4:39 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

[...]

Which version of Windows 10 are you using? Windows 10 App Essentials 21.02 requires Version 2004 (May 2020 Update) or later.

Cheers,

Joseph

Well what version of NVDA qare you running? Remember Joseph has said time and time again what it is compatible with.

On 2/8/2021 4:24 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

Hi guys:

When I launch nvda,

It asks me if I want to addons,

I say yes,

Then I get an error that windows essentials addon is incompatible, and,

Some other error;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

mike mcglashon

OK,
So in order to find out my Windows version,
Do I first press windows and then press Winver to see?

contact information
Mike McGlashon
PH: 618-783-9331
Email: michael.mcglashon@...

On Feb 8, 2021, at 4:57 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Which version of Windows 10 are you using? Windows 10 App Essentials 21.02 requires Version 2004 (May 2020 Update) or later.

Cheers,

Joseph

Well what version of NVDA qare you running? Remember Joseph has said time and time again what it is compatible with.

On 2/8/2021 4:24 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

Hi guys:

When I launch nvda,

It asks me if I want to addons,

I say yes,

Then I get an error that windows essentials addon is incompatible, and,

Some other error;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Arlene

Hi, all you do is hold down the windows key. Hit R then you are asked what it is you want to run. Then you type w I n  v  e r  Then hit enter. You’ll hear NVDA chatter and he will tell you what version of windows you have on your computer.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Well what version of NVDA qare you running? Remember Joseph has said time and time again what it is compatible with.

On 2/8/2021 4:24 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

Hi guys:

When I launch nvda,

It asks me if I want to addons,

I say yes,

Then I get an error that windows essentials addon is incompatible, and,

Some other error;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Hi,

Yes. An alternative is Resource Monitor add-on, and if that’s installed, press NVDA+Shift+number row 6.

Cheers,

Joseph

Well what version of NVDA qare you running? Remember Joseph has said time and time again what it is compatible with.

On 2/8/2021 4:24 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

Hi guys:

When I launch nvda,

It asks me if I want to addons,

I say yes,

Then I get an error that windows essentials addon is incompatible, and,

Some other error;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

mike mcglashon

Okay,

Here is what I copied from winver window;

Microsoft Windows

Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1316)

© 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

The Windows 10 Home operating system and its user interface are

protected by trademark and other pending or existing intellectual

property rights in the United States and other countries/regions.

This product is licensed under the Microsoft Software License

Terms to:

user name

org name

OK

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Yes. An alternative is Resource Monitor add-on, and if that’s installed, press NVDA+Shift+number row 6.

Cheers,

Joseph

Well what version of NVDA qare you running? Remember Joseph has said time and time again what it is compatible with.

On 2/8/2021 4:24 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

Hi guys:

When I launch nvda,

It asks me if I want to addons,

I say yes,

Then I get an error that windows essentials addon is incompatible, and,

Some other error;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Hi,

Please upgrade to Version 2004/20H2 as soon as possible, as Version 1909 will become unsupported on Windows 10 Home in May (members of Win10 Forum will get a notification tomorrow about this).

Cheers,

Joseph

Yes. An alternative is Resource Monitor add-on, and if that’s installed, press NVDA+Shift+number row 6.

Cheers,

Joseph

Well what version of NVDA qare you running? Remember Joseph has said time and time again what it is compatible with.

On 2/8/2021 4:24 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

Hi guys:

When I launch nvda,

It asks me if I want to addons,

I say yes,

Then I get an error that windows essentials addon is incompatible, and,

Some other error;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Lino Morales

Yeah buddy. You need to update your version of Windows stat!

On 2/8/2021 5:55 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:

[...]

Is this something I need to call Microsoft accessibility for?

I have no idea how to upgrade my windows;

I thought I was getting the latest and greatest because it always asked me to run windows updates?

Also,

I’m not sure what to do if I had a Microsoft account username and password;

(I have no idea what these are);

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 06:12 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:
I have no idea how to upgrade my windows;
-
Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

Or go to to the Microsoft Windows 10 Download page and activate the Update Now button/link/control.

       ~ Brian Vogel

Hi,

In the past, Microsoft gave you recent Windows 10 releases without intervention. This changed in 2018: Microsoft will not update you to more recent feature updates such as 20H2 unless your system is running a release that’s about to lose mainstream support. As of time of this post, this applies to Version 1909, so it won’t be long before people using 1909 will be prompted to upgrade to at least 2004 through Settings/Update and Security/Windows Update.

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

This should not come into play for a Feature Update.  You can definitely check out whether you're using a Microsoft Account linked Windows 10 user account by opening Settings, Accounts, Your Info pane.  If you have a MS account linked Win10 account there will be a Manage my Microsoft account link in that pane.  If you don't, you'll have a Switch to Microsoft Account link (or wording very similar, I can't remember precisely).  The email address for the Microsoft Account will be shown in this Pane as well if you're using an MS linked account.

You can change the password connected both to your Microsoft Account and any Windows 10 user account linked to it at Microsoft.com by going through the forgot password process.

       ~ Brian Vogel

mike mcglashon

Thank you;

I will get somebody to look into this for me;

I don’t wish to break anything;

Am in law school,

Cannot afford to experiment;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

You won’t brake anything. Just back up your system and do the update. It should take about an hour or so.

Happy Monday.

[...]

Jason Bratcher

Moderator's Note: Please do not bottom post if you are going to leave 6 long previous messages all top posted, in their entirety. Either trim for context, and leave only what's needed to establish it, delete all previous content before starting your post, or if you don't want to do either of those then top-post only.

To find out your Windows version:
1. Hold down the Windows key (like a Ctrl key) then press the letter r.
let go of both keys after tapping the r.
A "Run" dialog box will appear with your focus inside of an edit box.
Inside of this box, type
winver
and press Enter.
NVDA should read the information box that just popped up (or you can use NBDA+B (B as in Boy)to read it).

--
Jason Bratcher