locked [SOLVED] Heavy problems with nvda_2020.4rc1 and Visual Studio 2019 latest

Yeti

Hello List and Developers, I installed nvda_2020.4rc1
yesterday. After that I couldn't work with VS2019 anymore.
Even switching between editor windows was no longer possible
without switching to another program or restarting NVDA. It
was certainly due to the RC1, as a change back to 2020.3
solved the problem. If someone is interested in the
problem, I'll be happy to reinstall the RC1 and send logs.
gladly Contact via PM or Zoom

Best regards

Yeti

This is clearly an instance where Creating an Issue in GitHub for NVDA is indicated.

       ~ Brian Vogel

Hi,

Another possible solution: have you considered enabling selective UIA event registration? To do so, open NVDA menu/Preferences/Settings/Advanced, check “I understand” checkbox, then from UI Automation group, select “selective event registration” checkbox and click OK. You MUST restart NVDA for changes to take effect. If it helps somewhat, then at least we know that it might be something from Visual Studio side of things. If it doesn’t, then I advise sending us a log (privately) and/or creating an issue on GitHub.

Cheers,

Joseph

This is clearly an instance where Creating an Issue in GitHub for NVDA is indicated.

       ~ Brian Vogel

Yeti

HI Joseph,

Another possible solution: have you considered enabling
selective UIA event registration?
Not yet, but I'll try this tomorrow.
Is it really necessary to uninstall the RC1 before I go back to the stable Version after this test, as the installer recommends?

Thanks so far

Yeti

Hi,
Nope - you can test this with RC1.
Cheers,
Joseph

Another possible solution: have you considered enabling selective UIA
event registration?
Not yet, but I'll try this tomorrow.
Is it really necessary to uninstall the RC1 before I go back to the stable Version after this test, as the installer recommends?

Thanks so far

Yeti

Yeti

Nope - you can test this with RC1.
Yes of course
But to work I need the stable version.
So I have to reinstall this after the test.

Do I have to uninstall the RC1 before?

Hi,
If you are planning to install 2020.3, then yes, you need to "uninstall" RC1. Note the word in quotes - you can in fact override RC1 by simply installing 2020.3 and telling NVDA to proceed if it presents a message about installing older version.
Cheers,
Joseph