Topics

nvda remote unofficial servers

Hi.
well I just read this on twitter but there are some unofficial remote servers.
nvdaremote.com is the main server.
nvra.me is the server list there are 16 servers and could be room for more they want to put servers world wide eventually.

Ben J. Bloomgren

is there a tutorial on how to use NVDA Remote?

Ben

On Mar 30, 2016, at 12:37 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi.
well I just read this on twitter but there are some unofficial remote servers.
nvdaremote.com is the main server.
nvra.me is the server list there are 16 servers and could be room for more they want to put servers world wide eventually.

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Ben

The user manual for nvda remote can be found under the help section for
the add on in the nvda add on manager.

If you are interested, a while back I did a audio and also a written
tutorial on using it. It can be found on the nvda audio tutorials page
at http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20audio%20tutorials.html
When you get there jump down by headings to the section that refers to
NVDA remote.
It starts below this heading called How to provide assistance to another
NVDA user (using the NVDA Remote Support add-on)

It should be easy enough to follow. Again it is in both written and you
can listen to a audio version.

hope this helps.

Gene nz

On 31-Mar-16 12:17 PM, Ben J. Bloomgren wrote:
is there a tutorial on how to use NVDA Remote?

Ben
On Mar 30, 2016, at 12:37 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi.
well I just read this on twitter but there are some unofficial remote servers.
nvdaremote.com is the main server.
nvra.me is the server list there are 16 servers and could be room for more they want to put servers world wide eventually.

Ben J. Bloomgren

Gene

Thank you for that site. I had heard of it before, but I just hadn't visited it. It's an invaluable resource. Thank you.
Ben
On Mar 30, 2016, at 16:28, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz> wrote:

[...]

Bhavya shah

Hi Shaun,
Does using local NVDA Remote servers help in any way, i.e. by
increasing the speed of relaying commands or something, or what is the
practical effect of having servers dedicated to countries?
Just curious...
Thanks.

--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah

Well from the post I read on twitter depending how far you are from the primary server, there is a delay of some note.
Also if it ever died we wouldn't have any remote access as such unless you did it locally.
Pluss you were supposed to make your own servers.
From what I know from the site, all servers are using an unofficial remote server mod of nvda remote, running on ubuntu linux through vertual units.

wrote:

Hi.
well I just read this on twitter but there are some unofficial remote
servers.
nvdaremote.com is the main server.
nvra.me is the server list there are 16 servers and could be room for
more they want to put servers world wide eventually.
--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Patrick ZAJDA

Hi Shaun and all,

First of all, thank you very much for this information! I didn't know
that, on which twitter did you read it?
And how this server (for the code) is affiliated to NVDARemote creators?
Last question: I set up a server, but I don't find the e-mail address to
contact, what e-mail address is it?

Thanks!

Patrick

Shaun Everiss:

Hi.
well I just read this on twitter but there are some unofficial remote
servers.
nvdaremote.com is the main server.
nvra.me is the server list there are 16 servers and could be room for
more they want to put servers world wide eventually.

--
Patrick ZAJDA

all info is under the getting in touch heading on the nvra.me
I found this on the freakyfwoof twitter but its on the tidbits topdotenterprises.com magazine also.

You said:
all info is under the getting in touch heading on the nvra.me
So the e-mail address is so protected against bots that I cannot
understand it ;) I'l try anyway.

Thanks.

Shaun Everiss:
[...]

kavein thran