NVDA crashes when trying to forward Outlook messages

Janet Brandly

Hello,

Just FYI, The most recent RC version of NVDA crashes sometimes when trying to forward messages in Outlook. These are often ads/notices for things like virtual concerts etc. so there are probably a lot of pictures/graphics. If you like, I can send a sample message which crashed NVDA.

Thanks,

Janet

Janet,

           Whether or not you're someone possibly inclined to Creating an Issue in GitHub for NVDA, it's still really helpful to be able to collect the information that an "under the hood" assistant would need for this kind of issue.

            Near the very end of the above mentioned tutorial is a direct link to the one specific to setting NVDA up to collect detailed information about a crash: Collecting NVDA Debugging Information to Report to NVAccess

             Please consider doing that collection, then putting aside a copy of the NVDA log so that you can share it with someone skilled enough to interpret it.  That makes getting to the root of what's happening much easier.

       ~ Brian Vogel

Janet Brandly

Hi Brian,

I will definitely check this out. About the Outlook message I tried to forward, it turns out that I accidentally mistyped the recipient’s address, LOL.

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 01:18 PM, Janet Brandly wrote:
About the Outlook message I tried to forward, it turns out that I accidentally mistyped the recipient’s address
-
We all fat-finger on occasion!!   But that still doesn't explain an NVDA crash, particularly if you can reliably trigger same.  If you can, that's when careful information collection becomes critical.

If it was a one time fluke, then you just move along with life.

       ~ Brian Vogel