NVDA saying 'slide to close"

Ann Byrne

Sometimes when my student activates NVDA, there is no speech. Trying to reboot, speech pops up long enough to say "slide to close". What is going on???

thx,

Dan Beaver

Slide to close?  Sounds more like VoiceOver than NVDA.  What is your student using?

Dan Beaver

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Ann Byrne

It'sa lap top. I don't know the brand or model.

At 03:47 PM 2/12/2021, you wrote:

Slide to close? Sounds more like VoiceOver than NVDA. What is your student using?

Dan Beaver
On 2/12/2021 3:43 PM, Ann Byrne wrote:
Sometimes when my student activates NVDA, there is no speech. Trying to reboot, speech pops up long enough to say "slide to close". What is going on???

thx,

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Ann Byrne

Does NVDA have a touch cursor mode??

At 03:47 PM 2/12/2021, you wrote:

Slide to close? Sounds more like VoiceOver than NVDA. What is your student using?

Dan Beaver
On 2/12/2021 3:43 PM, Ann Byrne wrote:
Sometimes when my student activates NVDA, there is no speech. Trying to reboot, speech pops up long enough to say "slide to close". What is going on???

thx,

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Hi,
Sounds like lock screen or an overlay. The fact that it says "slide to
close" could be an indication that it is a touchscreen laptop (and to answer
another email, yes, NVDA does come with touch capability and touch cursor
feature in the form of object navigation).
Cheers,
Joseph