Topics

NVDA with iTunes.

Matt Turner

Hi folks, I've been testing out iTunes with the master version of NVDA.
And it still crashes nvda in the middle of using the iTunes store.
Someone told me about and old nvda log file, but i can't find it.

afrim maja <afrim.maja@...>

Last time I used NVDA, with itunes, it didn't crash.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 31, 2016, at 7:25 PM, Matt Turner <meturner2214@...> wrote:

Hi folks, I've been testing out iTunes with the master version of NVDA.
And it still crashes nvda in the middle of using the iTunes store.
Someone told me about and old nvda log file, but i can't find it.

Lino Morales

It still crashes for me too Matt. Its a pain in the ass. I thought this was fixed in the master release too.

On 3/31/2016 1:31 PM, Afrim wrote:
Last time I used NVDA, with itunes, it didn't crash.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 31, 2016, at 7:25 PM, Matt Turner <meturner2214@...> wrote:

Hi folks, I've been testing out iTunes with the master version of NVDA.
And it still crashes nvda in the middle of using the iTunes store.
Someone told me about and old nvda log file, but i can't find it.

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

99.9 percent of the time, iTunes crashes for me to. I have to restart NVDA to get it to work, and then I have to close iTunes down.
JAWS works fine with iTunes. Does any one else see the irony in that?

Well nvda has been a bit flakey with bt sync 1x to, its when you close it down and sometimes during running the system can get unstable.
it can also go nuts ie if you run 2 explorer windows and am coppying from both to 2 devices and one has a override dialog.
I had this happen where nvda crashed 5 times a day and I had to restart nvda or the computer to get it working right.
Its not to bad if you are carefull but yeah this latest version is not as stable as I would like.

On 1/04/2016 7:24 a.m., Chris Shook wrote:
99.9 percent of the time, iTunes crashes for me to. I have to restart
NVDA to get it to work, and then I have to close iTunes down.
JAWS works fine with iTunes. Does any one else see the irony in that?

Lenron

I have had some of these same weird issues.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

When you say crash, what exactly happens and in which version of windows and I tunes. I've not put Itunes on this 7 machine as the latest version never worked on xp and older versions used to fall over a lot on there.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

<mailto:meturner2214@...>> wrote:

Hi folks, I've been testing out iTunes with the master version of NVDA.
And it still crashes nvda in the middle of using the iTunes store.
Someone told me about and old nvda log file, but i can't find it.

Matt Turner

Well, in general, iTunes works fine.
But when you use the store, and lets say are listening to a song to buy, out of nowhere NVDA crashes, and when you restart NVDA iTunes doesn't work, you have to close it, and reopen it.

When you say crash, what exactly happens and in which version of windows and I tunes. I've not put Itunes on this 7 machine as the latest version never worked on xp and older versions  used to fall over a lot on there.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lino Morales" <linomorales001@...>

<mailto:meturner2214@...>> wrote:

Hi folks, I've been testing out iTunes with the master version of NVDA.
And it still crashes nvda in the middle of using the iTunes store.
Someone told me about and old nvda log file, but i can't find it.

Gabriel Oria <gabrieljoseph.oria@...>

i have no problems with the stable version

Lino Morales

Itunes with NVDA 2016.1 WIN 10 64 bit. Don't know how you can help any since you refuse to update to a more modern version of WIN.

<mailto:meturner2214@...>> wrote:

Hi folks, I've been testing out iTunes with the master version of NVDA.
And it still crashes nvda in the middle of using the iTunes store.
Someone told me about and old nvda log file, but i can't find it.

Lino Morales

Don't forget navigating anything in Apple Music.

<mailto:meturner2214@...>> wrote:

Hi folks, I've been testing out iTunes with the master version of NVDA.
And it still crashes nvda in the middle of using the iTunes store.
Someone told me about and old nvda log file, but i can't find it.

Matt Turner

Ah, haven't played around with apple music.

<mailto:meturner2214@...>> wrote:

Hi folks, I've been testing out iTunes with the master version of NVDA.
And it still crashes nvda in the middle of using the iTunes store.
Someone told me about and old nvda log file, but i can't find it.

I do think you are misguided. Most people are not using the latest version of windows. I bought this win 7 machine new just before Christmas, and I bought it to use, not experiment with new untried freeby versions of windows. I think itt has to be said that in order to track a problem in nvda, or indeed any piece of software one has to acknowledge the versions of the operating system being used and what effects there are in that software. It does help people troubleshoot things as developers will know that a certain part of windows changed at version x or whatever and hence will have a better idea where to start looking for a fix for it.
That is what I think in any case.
I did not particularly like the attitude you suggested to upgrading. Please be more careful with how you word things, it might induce somebody to upgrade prematurely and find themselves in the brown sticky stuff.
Just saying.