displaying the leader in table of contents

Ann Byrne

In word 2016 I have set tab stops for a table of contents--6 inches, right aligned, .... as the leader. When I fill in information the titles align correctly, the page numbers align, but there are no little dot dot dots between the title and the beautifully aligned page number. Does JAWS just not display the leader? do I need to do something funky with the Word 2016 settings besides selecting the leader?

Thx,

Ann

Ann,

           You wrote, in part, "Does JAWS just not display the leader?"

           Serious question:  Are you asking about JAWS or NVDA?   It wouldn't be the first time someone typed JAWS when they meant NVDA, but sometimes it's an accidental posting to the wrong group.  There are lots of folks who do use both.

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Sascha Cowley

Does JAWS [sic] just not display the leader?
I'm assuming you mean NVDA. No, the leader is not spoken, as it is purely visual in nature. If you feel that this is an issue, I suggest searching to see if there is already an issue filed, and, if not, filing an issue on the NVDA GitHub.

Ann Byrne

Sorry about that. I meant NVDA, although JAWS doesn't display it either.

At 05:37 PM 2/16/2021, you wrote:
Ann,      You wrote, in part, "Does JAWS just not display the leader?"      Serious question: Are you asking about JAWS or NVDA?  It wouldn't be the first time someone typed JAWS when they meant NVDA, but sometimes it's an accidental posting to the wrong group. There are lots of folks who do use both.--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042 Â

     ~ Anton Chekhov