Accessible softphone programs with NVDA

Afik Souffir <afik.souffir@...>

Hi,
I’m working at Strauss water.

The company wants to replace there Telephone system to a new one.
A part from that, i’m looking for accessible softphones programs with NVdA so i can work with them.
Its have to be one program that can accept calls, do outgoings calls and transfer them to other departements.

Any help will be muc appreciated

Afik Souffir

Iván Novegil

Try MicroSIP. It's not fully accesible, but usable.

Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Esta mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos están dirixidos ao seu destinatario e poden conter información privilexiada ou confidencial. A utilización, copia ou divulgación dos mesmos por parte de alguén diferente do destinatario mencionado non están permitidas sen autorización. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro pregámoslle o comunique por esta mesma vía e a destrúa.***

O 01/03/2021 á(s) 20:04, Afik Souffir escribiu:

Hi,
I’m working at Strauss water.

The company wants to replace there Telephone system to a new one.
A part from that, i’m looking for accessible softphones programs with NVdA so i can work with them.
Its have to be one program that can accept calls, do outgoings calls and transfer them to other departements.

Any help will be muc appreciated

Afik Souffir

Afik Souffir <afik.souffir@...>

Its not working with our current phone system unfortunately.
Do you have other ideas?
Thanks

Afik

[...]

Mobeen Iqbal

Hi.

You could try foner lite?

http://phonerlite.de/download_en.htm

I believe express talk from NCH software is accessible as well, though haven't tried it in years. Another free option.

Very best wishes,

Mo.

On 01/03/2021 19:11, Afik Souffir wrote:

[...]

Thank you. I’ll try phone lite, i’ll ask the IT for aproval for this.

About NCH, is it still install some toolbars with all there programs?
I don’t know if they’ll want free program.

[...]

Regarding express talk, I don't think that has any toolbars, or it didn't when I last tried it. Regarding foner lite, you can run it as a portable app if installation's going to be a problem.

Very best wishes,

Mo.

On 01/03/2021 19:21, Afik Souffir wrote:

[...]

I’ll try it
Is it secure?
The IT will not accept it if its not secure.

[...]

Yes, it should be. When using voice over IP, the security is usually down to the server you're connecting to. Softphones are clients for the most part and respect the server's security policies. Both clients I have recommended are sip clients. If your company does not use sip, this could be more of a problem.

Very best wishes,

Mo.

On 01/03/2021 19:32, Afik Souffir wrote:

[...]

The company use Sip, yes.

[...]

Dave Grossoehme

Good Day:  You might look into Avaya which is a soft phone that has been used for many years.  Marriott had someone write scripts to work with Jaws.  I used it more than 10 years.  I'm sure there is a cost for it.  Considering it's been that long ago, I couldn't tell you what the cost would be.  Good luck.

Dave

On 3/1/2021 12:14 PM, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:

[...]

Good Day:  If your company is willing to help with the cost there is a company that a lot of companies have used for years.  That would be Avaya which has been used from a hard phone to a soft phone.  Many Telemarketing companies have use it for at least 15 years.  There are script for it that Marriott uset.  These scripts are for Jaws.  However, it might be worth looking into.  Good Luck.