pdf editing with adobe and nvda

Aschalew Byness

Hi Friends?
Can I edit pdf files using adobe acrobat and NVDA? If yes, would you
please share with me some links or files to learn how to do so?

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

Are you creating PDF files from scratch, or editing existing files?
I'm not sure how you'd make a PDF editable in general. I've found that
PDFs that are developed properly act quite similar to webpages. If
they're fillable, then it's easy to do that with NVDA.

On 3/9/21, Aschalew Byness <gakidan.ashagre235@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Friends?
Can I edit pdf files using adobe acrobat and NVDA? If yes, would you
please share with me some links or files to learn how to do so?

Aschalew Byness

I want to edit an existing pdf file. I know that my sighted friends
can do that with adobe acrobat.

On 3/10/21, Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you creating PDF files from scratch, or editing existing files?
I'm not sure how you'd make a PDF editable in general. I've found that
PDFs that are developed properly act quite similar to webpages. If
they're fillable, then it's easy to do that with NVDA.

On 3/9/21, Aschalew Byness <gakidan.ashagre235@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Friends?
Can I edit pdf files using adobe acrobat and NVDA? If yes, would you
please share with me some links or files to learn how to do so?

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

I'd have to play around with it, as that's not something I've done
before. On the rare occasion I need to create a PDF, I am usually
working in Word, which can then save as a PDF. I've had very little to
do lately, so I'll try and play around with this and get back to you.

On 3/10/21, Aschalew Byness <gakidan.ashagre235@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to edit an existing pdf file. I know that my sighted friends
can do that with adobe acrobat.

On 3/10/21, Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you creating PDF files from scratch, or editing existing files?
I'm not sure how you'd make a PDF editable in general. I've found that
PDFs that are developed properly act quite similar to webpages. If
they're fillable, then it's easy to do that with NVDA.

On 3/9/21, Aschalew Byness <gakidan.ashagre235@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Friends?
Can I edit pdf files using adobe acrobat and NVDA? If yes, would you
please share with me some links or files to learn how to do so?

PDFs can be edited in MS-Word since version 2013, I believe.  I know I can open them in 2016.

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Bobby

the best pdf reader is built in to microsoft edge or samatra pdf for editing or reading pdfs.

mitchell archerd <mitch.lee2@...>

Microsoft edge, does a great job, with PDFs.

Mitch

MS-Edge is great for reading PDFs, but the original question (and title) is about editing them. It's useless for that particular task.

As has been noted, there are other options besides Adobe Acrobat for PDF editing, and for those who already know Word it's worth trying.  The only issue is whether or not every tiny bit of the formatting will be preserved, as Word will make slight changes for PDFs created using older formats for that file type.  But I have yet to see it do anything that makes it look a complete and utter mess.  And there's no problem if you've actually created the file in MS-Word and elected to save it as a PDF.  But I presume the original question is about making changes to an existing PDF file that came into one's possession.

      ~ Anton Chekhov

By the way, are we talking about editing PDF files or filling in PDF forms?

What's been mentioned so far would work for actually editing PDF files.  But if you're just trying to fill in PDFs like are supplied by the IRS and many other organizations those can be completed in Acrobat Reader DC or any of a number of other PDF readers that support form filling function.

Adobe Acrobat for designing and editing PDFs is an expensive tool.

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I prefer christopher toff's QRead.

the best pdf reader is built in to microsoft edge or samatra pdf for
editing or reading pdfs.

Richard Kuzma

Hello there,
Never heard of this one so went and checked it out and it is awesome.
Thanks for the tip.