question about reading notifications

Evelyn

I am resending because I issued the send command before I was ready.  I am running Windows 10 and the version of NVDA which is just before the latest one, and I am wondering if someone can tell me how to read my windows notifications.  Any help would be appreciated as I am an inexperienced user at this point.

Evelyn

See:  Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows, specifically the section regarding Windows Logo Key (AKA the Windows Key) keyboard shortcuts.  (Or, if you prefer, List of all Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts: The ultimate guide).

Even before that, you will likely want your Notifications to remain visible longer than the default.  Go to Settings, Ease of Access, Display Pane and locate the dropdown for Show Notifications for and drop it down and pick a duration of your choosing.  I believe the default is 7 seconds, but I could be wrong about that.

When a notification appears WinKey+Shift+V throws focus to that notification while it's being displayed.  If it has disappeared, odds are it is in the queue in the Action Center, accessed using WinKey+A.  I believe WinKey+Shift+V will also cycle through all notifications, including those in the Action Center, moving to the next with each repeated press so long as you don't do anything else between each press except view the notification.

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Louis Maher

Hello Evelyn,

You can hit windows key + a to see your notifications.  You must tab and arrow around to see the various notifications.

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

I am resending because I issued the send command before I was ready.  I am running Windows 10 and the version of NVDA which is just before the latest one, and I am wondering if someone can tell me how to read my windows notifications.  Any help would be appreciated as I am an inexperienced user at this point.

Evelyn

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

On your desktop, press windows and a to open the notifications list, then use your arrow keys to see your notifications