crashes with basic operations

Janet Brandly

Hello NVDA Team,

Just so you know, I am getting crashes with NVDA when performing basic functions such as when trying to read my inbox in Outlook and filling in forms on webpages. Restarting NVDA solves the problem, but it is an annoyance. I am running Win10 with the latest NVDA. I keep my laptop clean of extraneous software.

Thanks,

Janet

Janet,

            I myself have learned, the hard way, that NVDA issues are not always, in reality, NVDA issues.  I've had plenty of thing end up being traceable to an add-on over time, and sometimes to one that's worked fine for ages as a change in something else triggers it to break.

            Hence, I suggest you take a look at:  The Most Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Suspected NVDA Issues
It will help you to figure out whether this is, in reality, an actual problem with the NVDA core code or if something else may be going on.

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Janet Brandly

Thank you Brian, I will do that today.