Firefox not displaying always when first loaded up

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

IE in recent master snaps, using Firefox 52 esr, when you maybe want to look at the userguide or what's new and its the first time you have used the browser, the screen comes up as unknown and will only respond if you either switch away and back or hit alt and cancel it.

I am on windows 7, but did wonder if all the recent fiddling to get the latest version of firefox to work might have compromised the esr version in some way.
Has anyone else noticed this at all? Its not a major hassle as this sort of thing is how often things used to work some years ago for me in xp, but thought I'd best mention it here before putting electrons on Github.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Payal Kapoor

hi,
i have the same problem with the same version of Firefox. however, i
use Windows 10 version 1709 with the latest built and NVDA 2017.4
sometimes by moving away and coming back it loads while at other times
it won't. it is irritating and i've not been able to establish one set
method for it to launch.
it also says "toolbar edit".
it made me wonder if some toolbar had been installed that caused this
to happen. not certain on this either.
thanks for any solutions.
Payal

IE in recent master snaps, using Firefox 52 esr, when you maybe want to look

at the userguide or what's new and its the first time you have used the
browser, the screen comes up as unknown and will only respond if you either

switch away and back or hit alt and cancel it.

I am on windows 7, but did wonder if all the recent fiddling to get the
latest version of firefox to work might have compromised the esr version in

some way.
Has anyone else noticed this at all? Its not a major hassle as this sort
of thing is how often things used to work some years ago for me in xp, but
thought I'd best mention it here before putting electrons on Github.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Lino Morales

Yeah use Firefox 58 beta 16. Yeah it’s a bit slow with NVDA, but hey it works. Its not as slow as V 57.X

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

<bglists@...> wrote:

> IE in recent master snaps, using Firefox 52 esr, when you maybe want to look

> at the userguide or what's new and its the first time you have used the

> browser, the screen comes up as unknown and will only respond if you either

> switch away and back or hit alt and cancel it.

> I am on windows 7, but did wonder if all the recent fiddling to get the

> latest version of firefox to work might have compromised the esr version in

> some way.

>  Has anyone else noticed this at all?  Its not a major hassle as this sort

> of thing is how often things used to work some years ago for me in xp, but

> thought I'd best mention it here before putting electrons on Github.

>  Brian

> bglists@...

> Sent via blueyonder.

> Please address personal email to:-

> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

> in the display name field.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'm sticking to 52 esr as it has the sounds I want.
[...]

Time to let go Brian. Did you ever have a stuffed animal growing up as a we boy? Eventually it got all torn up and old. You blind folks can’t let go of things.

<bglists@...> wrote:

> IE in recent master snaps, using Firefox 52 esr, when you maybe want to

> look

> at the userguide or what's new and its the first time you have used the

> browser, the screen comes up as unknown and will only respond if you

> either

> switch away and back or hit alt and cancel it.

> I am on windows 7, but did wonder if all the recent fiddling to get the

> latest version of firefox to work might have compromised the esr version

> in

> some way.

>  Has anyone else noticed this at all?  Its not a major hassle as this sort

> of thing is how often things used to work some years ago for me in xp, but

> thought I'd best mention it here before putting electrons on Github.

>  Brian

> bglists@...

> Sent via blueyonder.

> Please address personal email to:-

> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

> in the display name field.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

No no spurious toolbars and just tried my portable version of 58 and no change to 52, so its not firefox or it seems windows related. My guess is that the virtual buffer in nvda is not being made until you either open and close a menu or move away and come back, ie the page is there but nvda is not seeing it. It seems a lot better on the stable releease than the master snaps to me here onwindows 7.
[...]

Interesting cause I’m having 0 problems what so ever and I’m running NVDA 2018.1 master branch with beta 58 build 1676.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

> i have the same problem with the same version of Firefox. however, i

> use Windows 10 version 1709 with the latest built and NVDA 2017.4

> sometimes by moving away and coming back it loads while at other times

> it won't. it is irritating and i've not been able to establish one set

> method for it to launch.

> it also says "toolbar edit".

> it made me wonder if some toolbar had been installed that caused this

> to happen. not certain on this either.

> thanks for any solutions.

> Payal

> On 1/16/18, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io

> <bglists@...> wrote:

>> IE in recent master snaps, using Firefox 52 esr, when you maybe want to

>> look

>> at the userguide or what's new and its the first time you have used the

>> browser, the screen comes up as unknown and will only respond if you

>> either

>> switch away and back or hit alt and cancel it.

>> I am on windows 7, but did wonder if all the recent fiddling to get the

>> latest version of firefox to work might have compromised the esr version

>> in

>> some way.

>>  Has anyone else noticed this at all?  Its not a major hassle as this

>> sort

>> of thing is how often things used to work some years ago for me in xp,

>> but

>> thought I'd best mention it here before putting electrons on Github.

>>  Brian

>> bglists@...

>> Sent via blueyonder.

>> Please address personal email to:-

>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

>> in the display name field.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I wonder if this is somehow machine dependent. We have had this sort of thing before and nobody ever manages to track it down.
[...]

Here you go, all you need to know about the condition I am getting.

INFO - globalCommands.GlobalCommands.script_navigatorObject_devInfo (17:15:16.089):

Developer info for navigator object:

name: None

role: ROLE_UNKNOWN

states:

isFocusable: False

hasFocus: False

Python object: <NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible object at 0x054100D0>

location: None

value: None

appModule: <'firefox' (appName u'firefox', process ID 1480) at address 5775ed0>

appModule.productName: u'Firefox'

appModule.productVersion: u'52.5.3'

TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>

windowHandle: 2425764

windowClassName: u'MozillaWindowClass'

windowControlID: 0

windowStyle: 399441920

windowThreadID: 4192

windowText: u"What's New in NVDA - Mozilla Firefox"

displayText: exception: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x7b8ef80 at 58134e0>

IAccessibleChildID: -31

IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=2425764, objectID=-4, childID=-31

IAccessible accName: exception: (-2147024809, 'The parameter is incorrect.', (None, None, None, 0, None))

IAccessible accRole: exception: (-2147024809, 'The parameter is incorrect.', (None, None, None, 0, None))

IAccessible accState: exception: (-2147024809, 'The parameter is incorrect.', (None, None, None, 0, None))

IAccessible accDescription: exception: (-2147024809, 'The parameter is incorrect.', (None, None, None, 0, None))

IAccessible accValue: exception: (-2147024809, 'The parameter is incorrect.', (None, None, None, 0, None))

Good luck I need some tea
[...]

Rosemarie Chavarria

Sorry but we're not all like that.

<bglists@...> wrote:

> IE in recent master snaps, using Firefox 52 esr, when you maybe want to

> look

> at the userguide or what's new and its the first time you have used the

> browser, the screen comes up as unknown and will only respond if you

> either

> switch away and back or hit alt and cancel it.

> I am on windows 7, but did wonder if all the recent fiddling to get the

> latest version of firefox to work might have compromised the esr version

> in

> some way.

>  Has anyone else noticed this at all?  Its not a major hassle as this sort

> of thing is how often things used to work some years ago for me in xp, but

> thought I'd best mention it here before putting electrons on Github.

>  Brian

> bglists@...

> Sent via blueyonder.

> Please address personal email to:-

> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

> in the display name field.

Rosemarie Chavarria

I don't need sounds to tell me if something is loading.

[...]

I have no idea what the post really means. Considering that the nv access recommendation is 52 esr and that windows 7 is still a currently supported OS its reasonable to use it.
Added to that is the fact that if the poster had read the thread they would have noticed that at least one user is having the same issue with 58 beta on windows 10fall edition thingy.

Comments like that are more or less guaranteed to start a flame war and I'm not going to do that as I suspect the was meant in jest, but do be careful as not everyone's sense of humour is the same.

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> , putting 'Brian Gaff'

<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io <mailto:bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> > wrote:

[...]

Oh, how can you tell then? I find a lot of pages refresh afterwards and that little click is a clue. Try doing anything on some yahoo sites.
Also the downloading finished sound means you do not need to always open the download window.
I think its important to remember that everyone uses windows differently and in the way most convenient to them, just stopping one feature without some discussion with users is stupid and arrogant in my view. It means that they know best, and that has never been my experience. Windows works for people as its very much configurable.

[...]

They didn't stop a feature.  The add on is no longer compatible.  You can tell if a page refreshes, at least in my experience, because your place is lost and the page starts reading again from the top.  I think the feature you, and users in general, should be far more worried about losing is the accessibility feature, listed as accessibility when you are tabbing around options in the advanced part of the dialog, that stops pages from redirecting or refreshing without asking.

Gene

<bglists@...> wrote:
> IE in recent master snaps, using Firefox 52 esr, when you maybe want to
> look
>
> at the userguide or what's new and its the first time you have used the
> browser, the screen comes up as unknown and will only respond if you
> either
>
> switch away and back or hit alt and cancel it.
>
> I am on windows 7, but did wonder if all the recent fiddling to get the
> latest version of firefox to work might have compromised the esr version
> in
>
> some way.
>  Has anyone else noticed this at all?  Its not a major hassle as this sort
> of thing is how often things used to work some years ago for me in xp, but
> thought I'd best mention it here before putting electrons on Github.
>  Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

This argument is going in circles.
The point is that they are, as far as I am aware developing a new api which gets around the hooking in of code to the browser.
This is why at the moment I'm using the 52esr.
I do not care if the add on is not compatible, when I asked why it was this way I was told it was because inn order to get at the data it needs it has to go in via a similar route to nvda, and that door is now shut.
I'm afraid that all the people are missing the point and as I do not want to upset anyone I'm not going to be at all rude by dumbing down my reasons.
[...]

Well mozilla has shown what they think of accessibility, I couldn't get the addons in 57 to work, noscript just didn't work anymore, all the accessible menus were gone, all the radio buttons in some options some of them didn't work.

To fix issues you must turn off accessibility services may I say more?

Mozilla firefox is no longer on my box at least unless waterfox decides to become inaccessible that is probably going to happen in june but lets hope we can keep the old addon style and not the stupid web extentions which seem to not be accessible.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2007@gmail.com>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lino Morales" <linomorales001@gmail.com>
[...]

can I get the sound add on that people are using?

On 1/17/2018 12:51 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

If you are using Firefox 56 or earlier then look for navigational sounds in the add ons manager search box.
It is simply a matter of adding it to the add ons.
Its just like Ublock origin and all the others you can get for ad blocking. it works very well except on the latest versions of firefox.
[...]

Actually 58 is much better in this respect, but has no sound as I said.
I could not get the download dialogue to read in it in the portable version however but I imagine that will get sorted.
I don't think taws done deliberately though I have to say it was handled very badly, it was as is nearly always the case with these things that nobody realised the implications for us.
I personally feel all programmers who are writing code for mass use should have a grounding in accessibility code before they actually start, as re gluing on fixes afterwards looks bad and is normally clunky and messy. Brian

[...]

Robert Mendoza

Yes, i used this for my Firefox ESR and it works well. And, for those who is interested have it look and review first before you install this to your Firefox browser.

Robert Mendoza

----- Original Message ----- From: "The Wolf" <hank.smith966@gmail.com>