Issue installing latest Windows 10 update

ely.r@...

Repeatedly, I have tried doing the most recent Windows 10 update. Get to the step where the installer asks me to uninstall this program as it cannot. The program at fault is, Window eyes 9.1. It is not listed as an installed program in Programs and Features, “add or remove”. I have searched the entire computer for Window Eyes and GW Micro remains and find nothing.

Is it possible that the installer is finding a remaining entry in the registry?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

Hi,

My guess is good as yours: registry.

Cheers,

Joseph

Repeatedly, I have tried doing the most recent Windows 10 update. Get to the step where the installer asks me to uninstall this program as it cannot. The program at fault is, Window eyes 9.1. It is not listed as an installed program in Programs and Features, “add or remove”. I have searched the entire computer for Window Eyes and GW Micro remains and find nothing.

Is it possible that the installer is finding a remaining entry in the registry?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

ely.r@...

Joseph,

]Thanks for the response. Just wanted to join in saying huge thanks for “Welcome to NVDA.” Good to have so much information gathered into one place and presented in such a clear manner.

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

Repeatedly, I have tried doing the most recent Windows 10 update. Get to the step where the installer asks me to uninstall this program as it cannot. The program at fault is, Window eyes 9.1. It is not listed as an installed program in Programs and Features, “add or remove”. I have searched the entire computer for Window Eyes and GW Micro remains and find nothing.

Is it possible that the installer is finding a remaining entry in the registry?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

Hi,

You’re welcome anytime. Just in case you do manage to fix this, do let folks know.

As for the tutorial: we’re at home stretch, and if things go as planned, all parts will be packaged into a zip file in February. Speaking of tutorial packaging: expect changes in one or more segments between now and February.

Cheers,

Joseph

Repeatedly, I have tried doing the most recent Windows 10 update. Get to the step where the installer asks me to uninstall this program as it cannot. The program at fault is, Window eyes 9.1. It is not listed as an installed program in Programs and Features, “add or remove”. I have searched the entire computer for Window Eyes and GW Micro remains and find nothing.

Is it possible that the installer is finding a remaining entry in the registry?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

ely.r@...

I will certainly post the results. I have avoided registry editing since registries appeared. Have you any tutorials to suggest?

So interesting about the Zip file. Downloading a file at a time, I was going to ask it you might consider doing just that.

I will be doing classes at our local library this spring on PC access and have decided on NVDA as the screen reader choice. There is a wave of us “baby boomer” seniors headed our way and many will lose vision as they age. Most of that generation will be regular long time computer users. At our ages many will no longer have access to rehabilitation equipment support as they will not be in the job market. They are not likely to want to give up their computer use, but may not have the $800 plus to invest in the other options.

I have also been working with Windows Magnifier in combination with NVDA as a means to create what Fusion offers, that is a way to move from enlarged display to speech as a process not a leap. In general, the two together work quite well.

I am so impressed with what the developers and supporters like you have managed to do. The tuff future ahead is to discover the paths that lead to long term ongoing development. The target does not stand still as demonstrated by the recent browser changes.

Thanks,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

Repeatedly, I have tried doing the most recent Windows 10 update. Get to the step where the installer asks me to uninstall this program as it cannot. The program at fault is, Window eyes 9.1. It is not listed as an installed program in Programs and Features, “add or remove”. I have searched the entire computer for Window Eyes and GW Micro remains and find nothing.

Is it possible that the installer is finding a remaining entry in the registry?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

Hi,

Because my tutorial set is strictly on NVDA features, a better tutorial for beginning screen reader users would be Basic Training module from NV Access.

Cheers,

Joseph

Repeatedly, I have tried doing the most recent Windows 10 update. Get to the step where the installer asks me to uninstall this program as it cannot. The program at fault is, Window eyes 9.1. It is not listed as an installed program in Programs and Features, “add or remove”. I have searched the entire computer for Window Eyes and GW Micro remains and find nothing.

Is it possible that the installer is finding a remaining entry in the registry?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

ely.r@...

I will look at that. I have also downloaded the AFB intro from their web site and need to go through it as well. Great to have a wealth of materials available.

Dog guide, General, is saying “time to head to bed,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Hmm I use a program called eusing free registry cleaner for this kind of issue. You need to take care of course and look at what it is asking to delete, as although it is mostly safe, it can muck stuff up. Best manually set a restore point before messing about.
If that does not show it or fix it then I have no other suggestions except maybe bulk crap uninstaller but I've not tried it myself.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Repeatedly, I have tried doing the most recent Windows 10 update. Get to the
step where the installer asks me to uninstall this program as it cannot. The
program at fault is, Window eyes 9.1. It is not listed as an installed
program in Programs and Features, "add or remove". I have searched the
entire computer for Window Eyes and GW Micro remains and find nothing.

Is it possible that the installer is finding a remaining entry in the
registry?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thanks,
Rick

Dr. Rick Ely
TVI, Vision Consultant
451 Rocky Hill Road
Florence, MA 01062
&413() 727-3038

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

Rick,

I had a similar issue with another program.  I resolved it as follows:
I downloaded and installed the latest version of ccleaner.
I ran the registry cleaner portion of ccleaner several times until it said no registry items were found.  I ran it a total of four times before I got the desired result.
After that, the update proceeded without errors.

Good luck,
George

Repeatedly, I have tried doing the most recent Windows 10 update. Get to the step where the installer asks me to uninstall this program as it cannot. The program at fault is, Window eyes 9.1. It is not listed as an installed program in Programs and Features, “add or remove”. I have searched the entire computer for Window Eyes and GW Micro remains and find nothing.

Is it possible that the installer is finding a remaining entry in the registry?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

Peter Chin

I think what you need is the W-E Emergency Removal Utility. If no one else sends it to you, I could put it in my Dropbox and send you the download link.

Repeatedly, I have tried doing the most recent Windows 10 update. Get to the step where the installer asks me to uninstall this program as it cannot. The program at fault is, Window eyes 9.1. It is not listed as an installed program in Programs and Features, “add or remove”. I have searched the entire computer for Window Eyes and GW Micro remains and find nothing.

Is it possible that the installer is finding a remaining entry in the registry?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

Felix G.

Hi!
Make sure no Window-Eyes version exists anywhere on the system, not even as a zipped setup on d: when your system drive is c:. It's really that strict. Hope this helps.
Best,
Felix

Peter Chin <peter.chinpk@...> schrieb am So., 18. Feb. 2018 um 09:39 Uhr:

[...]

Why on earth should it care?
After all it was the said Microsoft who gave away window eyes only a couple of years back with office!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Make sure no Window-Eyes version exists anywhere on the system, not even as
a zipped setup on d: when your system drive is c:. It's really that strict.
Hope this helps.
Best,
Felix

Peter Chin <peter.chinpk@gmail.com> schrieb am So., 18. Feb. 2018 um
09:39 Uhr:

I think what you need is the W-E Emergency Removal Utility. If no one else
sends it to you, I could put it in my Dropbox and send you the download
link.

Repeatedly, I have tried doing the most recent Windows 10 update. Get to
the step where the installer asks me to uninstall this program as it
cannot. The program at fault is, Window eyes 9.1. It is not listed as an
installed program in Programs and Features, “add or remove”. I have
searched the entire computer for Window Eyes and GW Micro remains and find
nothing.

Is it possible that the installer is finding a remaining entry in the
registry?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

<https://maps.google.com/?q=451+Rocky+Hill+Road+%0D+%0D+Florence,+MA+%0D+01062&entry=gmail&source=g>

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road
<https://maps.google.com/?q=451+Rocky+Hill+Road+%0D+%0D+Florence,+MA+%0D+01062&entry=gmail&source=g>

Florence, MA 01062
<https://maps.google.com/?q=451+Rocky+Hill+Road+%0D+%0D+Florence,+MA+%0D+01062&entry=gmail&source=g>

&413() 727-3038

Gene

It has nothing to do with caring.  This appears to be the feature I've seen discussed in Windows 10 that won't let you upgrade if certain programs Windows considers incompatible are on the system.

Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 3:30 AM

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
Make sure no Window-Eyes version exists anywhere on the system, not even as
a zipped setup on d: when your system drive is c:. It's really that strict.
Hope this helps.
Best,
Felix

Peter Chin <peter.chinpk@...> schrieb am So., 18. Feb. 2018 um
09:39 Uhr:

> I think what you need is the W-E Emergency Removal Utility. If no one else
> sends it to you, I could put it in my Dropbox and send you the download
> link.

Felix G.

Hi,
yes, exactly. And it's a dumb file search rather than an intelligent analysis of what is installed. Makes sense when playing it super safe but to my mind it's overkill. Still, it's what's happening and we have to live with it for now.
Best,
Felix

Gene <gsasner@...> schrieb am Mo., 19. Feb. 2018 um 13:35 Uhr:

It has nothing to do with caring.  This appears to be the feature I've seen discussed in Windows 10 that won't let you upgrade if certain programs Windows considers incompatible are on the system.

Make sure no Window-Eyes version exists anywhere on the system, not even as
a zipped setup on d: when your system drive is c:. It's really that strict.
Hope this helps.
Best,
Felix

Peter Chin <peter.chinpk@...> schrieb am So., 18. Feb. 2018 um
09:39 Uhr:

> I think what you need is the W-E Emergency Removal Utility. If no one else
> sends it to you, I could put it in my Dropbox and send you the download
> link.

Surely, it could do what its always done, ie just orphan them off. it does this with Outlook Express currently according to those I know. Annoying its true, considering the lme email software they now supply.