From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2021 4:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] reading my documents folder

Running latest win 10 and latest NVDA.
It is real close to half the time I open the documents ffolder NVDA will not read it. Sighted help says it is on the screen as it should be.
The solution is to close and reopen it and things read normally. Anyone got a clue as to what is causing this?
Thanks

Nope.  But it's worth trying Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

If that doesn't fix it, then it would be worth trying The Most Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Suspected NVDA Issues, to determine whether NVDA or an add-on might be at fault.

If you prefer, try those troubleshooting steps before SFC and DISM.  It's a six of one, half a dozen of another proposition depending on what you want to rule in or rule out first.

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Gene

What happens if you refresh the display by pressing f5 if the content can't be read?

It is real close to half the time I open the documents ffolder NVDA will
not read it. Sighted help says it is on the screen as it should be.
The solution is to close and reopen it and things read normally. Anyone
got a clue as to what is causing this?
Thanks

Don H

f5 does nothing to help

-----Original Message----- From: Don H
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2021 6:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Running latest win 10 and latest NVDA.
It is real close to half the time I open the documents ffolder NVDA will
not read it.  Sighted help says it is on the screen as it should be.
The solution is to close and reopen it and things read normally.  Anyone
got a clue as to what is causing this?
Thanks

Gene

How about pressing alt to open the ribbons or menus, then alt again to close them? That may not help either but I wonder if that is an instance where, for some reason, leaving and returning to where you were on the screen would work around the problem.

Sent: Monday, March 15, 2021 6:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Running latest win 10 and latest NVDA.
It is real close to half the time I open the documents ffolder NVDA will
not read it. Sighted help says it is on the screen as it should be.
The solution is to close and reopen it and things read normally. Anyone
got a clue as to what is causing this?
Thanks

Michael Micallef at FITA

Good morning, just my 2c in this matter. This issue also happens in using jaws and I have to do the same just remove jaws from memory and reload jawas again. And I have an I7 and 16gb ram.