does nvda have its own keystroke to read footnote?

Aschalew Byness

Hi Friends?
When I read with NVDA, I want to read the content in the footnote as
well. Does nvda have keystroke of its own to read footnote like
alt+shift+e in jaws? the raven shortcut of word (alt+s, h, is a litle
bit time taking.

Quentin Christensen

NVDA doesn't have a command for this.  The Word command is alt+s, then h.  To get back to the document press the applications key to open the context menu and G to "Go to footnote" (As in go to the footnote reference in the text).

And a linked issue to have an option to simply read out footnotes automatically during reading: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/8739

Please do comment on either or both with any extra information.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Rowen Cary

Expect NVDA to have this feature.

bering.p

Hi,
If you want, you can try  this add-on:
wordAccessEnhancement
This is the current development version.

The stable version is here:
v2.3

I am at your disposal for any further informations.
Best regards.
Paul.
Le 19/03/2021 03:37, Aschalew Byness a écrit :

Hi Friends?
When I  read with NVDA, I want to read the content in the footnote as
well. Does nvda have keystroke of its own to read footnote like
alt+shift+e in jaws? the raven shortcut of word (alt+s, h, is a litle
bit time taking.

Aschalew Byness

Hi Paul
Thank you for your wonderful add-on. I have been using your word
accessibility enhancement and nvda global extention add-ons. I really
like them for they solve many problems NVDA doesn't. However, for some
reason I didn't know, sometimes, these two add-ons stop working. I
tried to find out with which add-on they are crashing. I was not
successful though. Hence, I decided to not use them. May I know the
cause of only your addons to suddenly stop working?
Best

<https://rawgit.com/paulber007/AllMyNVDAAddons/master/wordAccessEnhancement/dev/wordAccessEnhancement-3.0-dev25.nvda-addon>

<https://github.com/paulber007/AllMyNVDAAddons/raw/master/wordAccessEnhancement/wordAccessEnhancement-2.3.nvda-addon>

I am at your disposal for any further informations.
*Best regards.*

Paul.

Le 19/03/2021 03:37, Aschalew Byness a écrit :
Hi Friends?
When I read with NVDA, I want to read the content in the footnote as
well. Does nvda have keystroke of its own to read footnote like
alt+shift+e in jaws? the raven shortcut of word (alt+s, h, is a litle
bit time taking.

bering.p

Hi.
Thank you for your compliments.
You are the first to report this kind of problem to me and in addition to two very distinct add-ons.
You may have a particular configuration.
To study it, I need NVDA's log in "debug" log level.
As soon as you notice the problem, please send it to me privately and as an attachment rather than integrated because it can quickly become large.

 Best regards.

Paul.

On 3/19/21, bering.p <bering.p@...> wrote:
[...]

For those who've never needed to collect debugging information for an NVDA or NVDA Add-On Developer:

If your issue involves an NVDA crash, or you are asked to supply logs set to debug level information collection, then see: Collecting NVDA Debugging Information to Report to NVAccess, for detailed information on how to do so.  The stepwise process for determining an add-on that may be at fault is also discussed.

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Sylwek Piekarski

Hello Paul

Thank you for a very functional addition.
I have a proposal to program another function. I suggest adding the ability to read for the current page of the content from the header and footer. I suggest that separate keyboard shortcuts are used.

Regards

Sylwek