problems to login in aws's console

Luke Davis

I am curious if Amazon accessibility support was able to get you past this one?
They can't, in the case of the Amazon Associates signup form, although they don't actually realize that they can't until you get to a higher level of support.

Luke

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021, Alexandre Alves Toco wrote:

While trying to login in my developer's account in aws, the page shows an image capcha and I couldn't find option to change it to an audio chalenge or something like that.

Alexandre Alves Toco

Thank you!

I didn't find the disability's page.

So I sent the problem to the support using billing problems form...

A person answered me asking me to send my problem using the logged in area's support.

Unfortunatelly they also have these persons that don't read the doubts before answering.

Em 24/03/2021 12:20, Brian Vogel escreveu:

By the way, I just went to the Disability Support Page and submitted the following via their email mechanism:

Hello,

             I work with many individuals who are blind some of whom also use AWS.  I also have an AWS account.  Suddenly, when trying to log in to AWS, on the screen that says, "Security Check" where you're attempting to prove the login is from a real person, there is now a Captcha used that is completely inaccessible.  It is one of the text based, "Enter the characters shown," captchas with no option to change to an audio challenge.  The only option available is to present another set of characters as the image for entry, which does nothing as far as allowing a screen reader user to complete sign-in.

Brian Vogel

      ~ Anton Chekhov

By the way, I just went to the Disability Support Page and submitted the following via their email mechanism:

Hello,

             I work with many individuals who are blind some of whom also use AWS.  I also have an AWS account.  Suddenly, when trying to log in to AWS, on the screen that says, "Security Check" where you're attempting to prove the login is from a real person, there is now a Captcha used that is completely inaccessible.  It is one of the text based, "Enter the characters shown," captchas with no option to change to an audio challenge.  The only option available is to present another set of characters as the image for entry, which does nothing as far as allowing a screen reader user to complete sign-in.

Brian Vogel

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Am I safe in presuming you're starting at this page:  https://console.aws.amazon.com/  ?

I just tried logging in to my account, and to my shock (given this is Amazon) it does appear that they are using a version of Captcha that is of the "enter a string of characters shown" variety where the only other control is one to show a different set of characters.  There is nothing for an audio challenge, etc.

I would be contacting Amazon Disability Support and screaming bloody murder!

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Alexandre Alves Toco

Hello friends!

While trying to login in my developer's account in aws, the page shows an image capcha and I couldn't find option to change it to an audio chalenge or something like that.

Any hint would be appreciated.