Topics

Enhancing NVDA's performance on microsoft word?

afrim maja <afrim.maja@...>

Hello everyone,
i am a frequent user of NVDA because my first screenreader is Jaws. I am willing to switch to NVDA, but there are some barriers which prevent me to come to NVDA family. My main problem starts with microsoft word. NvDA is very slow when reading text, and when reading books which go up to 200 pages, it is unacceptable to use it. Long documents or books are very common at university, so I can't avoid them by any means. I also tried using libra office, but things grew even worse. I opened a 300 page book with that program and both NVDA and libra office crashed desperately. I installed microsoft office 2013 and the performance improved a bit, but still it is too slow compared to jaws. by the way, I'm not making comperisons here, I just want to have NVDA working better with word.
so, if there's anyone who could help me with this problem, I would be very grateful and it would be highly appreciated.
sincerely,
Afrim.

Sent from my iPhone

enes sarıbaş

hi,
This problem has existed at least since last year. Unfortunatly no concrete action was taken to fix or determine the cause of it.

On 4/3/2016 9:27 AM, Afrim wrote:
[...]

Has a ticket been raised on this point. it is certainly true that long documents in word are slow to edit at times in all versions of word.
Whether this issue to the method that nvda uses to hook into word or some other thing I do not know and as I do not use long files very often, I can live with it. Perhaps this came in when the browse and focus mode ways of accessing the screen were put in? Has anyone tried an nvda version before this to see if its any faster. It just occurred to me that creating a virtual version of the file is a bit like having two versions open at the same time and as nvda is 32 bit and a lot of machines are now 64 bit a bit of a bottleneck might be produced here.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

On 4/3/2016 9:27 AM, Afrim wrote:
[...]

I hope it has been addressed. If it hasn't I may do it. Word is essential to a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 3, 2016, at 10:18 AM, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:

[...]

in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "enes saribas" <enes.saribas@...>