Problem: No sounds when copying files etc.

Ksenia Natapova

Hello,
I have NVDA installed on my laptop. I don'g hear any sound when I copy and paste a file or install a program...
I even tried to reset the NVDA settings but I still can't hear any tone. Is there any way to turn on this option?
Best regards
Ksenia

Chris

nope its buggered

On 04/04/2016 13:55, Ksenia Natapova via Groups.io wrote:
Hello,
I have NVDA installed on my laptop. I don'g hear any sound when I copy and paste a file or install a program...
I even tried to reset the NVDA settings but I still can't hear any tone. Is there any way to turn on this option?
Best regards
Ksenia

afrim maja <afrim.maja@...>

You can hear sounds when activating or disactivating the browse mode, but not when installing programs. There should be any add-on out there which may play sounds in different areas of your Computer. If you're talking about the sounds of percentage, they can be toggled on by pressing insert plus U to indicate percentage.
Hope it helps. ,

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 4, 2016, at 2:55 PM, Ksenia Natapova via Groups.io <ksenia.natapova=yahoo.de@groups.io> wrote:

Hello,
I have NVDA installed on my laptop. I don'g hear any sound when I copy and paste a file or install a program...
I even tried to reset the NVDA settings but I still can't hear any tone. Is there any way to turn on this option?
Best regards
Ksenia

Ksenia Natapova

Okay thanks very much. Yes, I'm talking about the sounds of percentage. Thanks for this hint. I will try it at once

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 04.04.2016 um 16:39 schrieb Afrim <afrim.maja@gmail.com>:

You can hear sounds when activating or disactivating the browse mode, but not when installing programs. There should be any add-on out there which may play sounds in different areas of your Computer. If you're talking about the sounds of percentage, they can be toggled on by pressing insert plus U to indicate percentage.
Hope it helps. ,

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 4, 2016, at 2:55 PM, Ksenia Natapova via Groups.io <ksenia.natapova=yahoo.de@groups.io> wrote:

Hello,
I have NVDA installed on my laptop. I don'g hear any sound when I copy and paste a file or install a program...
I even tried to reset the NVDA settings but I still can't hear any tone. Is there any way to turn on this option?
Best regards
Ksenia

afrim maja <afrim.maja@...>

Hi,
it should be something like "beap for percentage levels" or something like this.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 4, 2016, at 4:43 PM, Ksenia Natapova via Groups.io <ksenia.natapova=yahoo.de@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Chris Mullins

Open Object Presentation dialog using NVDA+Control+o and ensure "Report
progress bar Output" is set to beep,speak or beep and speak.

Cheers
Chris

I have NVDA installed on my laptop. I don'g hear any sound when I copy and
paste a file or install a program...
I even tried to reset the NVDA settings but I still can't hear any tone. Is
there any way to turn on this option?
Best regards
Ksenia

Ksenia Natapova

Hello,
@Afrim, sorry, but it doesn't work.
@Chriss: NVDA is set to "Beep and speech".

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 04.04.2016 um 17:08 schrieb Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@gmail.com>:

Open Object Presentation dialog using NVDA+Control+o and ensure "Report
progress bar Output" is set to beep,speak or beep and speak.

Cheers
Chris
I have NVDA installed on my laptop. I don'g hear any sound when I copy and
paste a file or install a program...
I even tried to reset the NVDA settings but I still can't hear any tone. Is
there any way to turn on this option?
Best regards
Ksenia

What do you mean by no sounds exactly.

What version of windows is it
also do you perhaps have more then one sound device plugged in, such as the internal sound and some usb headphones?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I have NVDA installed on my laptop. I don'g hear any sound when I copy and paste a file or install a program...
I even tried to reset the NVDA settings but I still can't hear any tone. Is there any way to turn on this option?
Best regards
Ksenia

When does it stop speaking. IE if you open a dialogue like when you want to save or load a file in an application, does this part speak?

What I'm wondering here is what else might be going on. The other day I had a laptop here whereonly a few seconds of anything spoken was heard due to some oddity with the sound driver. It only showed up in nvda.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I have NVDA installed on my laptop. I don'g hear any sound when I copy and
paste a file or install a program...
I even tried to reset the NVDA settings but I still can't hear any tone. Is
there any way to turn on this option?
Best regards
Ksenia

Ksenia Natapova

Hello,
I mean the beeps of the progress bar.
The operating system is Win10 and I have no sound device but the internal speaker of my laptop.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ksenia Natapova via Groups.io" <ksenia.natapova=yahoo.de@groups.io>
I have NVDA installed on my laptop. I don'g hear any sound when I copy and paste a file or install a program...
I even tried to reset the NVDA settings but I still can't hear any tone. Is there any way to turn on this option?
Best regards
Ksenia

Chris Mullins

Are you getting any sound from your computer? Are you just using NVDA for
Braille output or can you hear speech through your computer speaker?

Cheers
Chris

I have NVDA installed on my laptop. I don'g hear any sound when I copy and
paste a file or install a program...
I even tried to reset the NVDA settings but I still can't hear any tone.
Is there any way to turn on this option?
Best regards
Ksenia

Ksenia Natapova

Yes, I do. I also use the NVDA speech output. Only the progress bar does not work.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet