Topics

vlc media player

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

Hi, how many of you guys use vlc, and is there any spiware in it as far as you know, sure is much more responsive then winamp as far as opening and closing files, please if some of you could give your opinion.
Thanks

Ksenia Natapova

Hello,
I use the VLC and I think it's highly responsive in comparisson to other media players. It is also possible to open, close files and even read subtitles with it.
There is also an addon which makes this program more accessible with nvda.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 05.04.2016 um 11:03 schrieb Isaac <bigikemusic@...>:

Hi, how many of you guys use vlc, and is there any spiware in it as far as you know, sure is much more responsive then winamp as far as opening and closing files, please if some of you could give your opinion.
Thanks

Ksenia Natapova

And no, there is no spyware in it.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 05.04.2016 um 11:03 schrieb Isaac <bigikemusic@...>:

Hi, how many of you guys use vlc, and is there any spiware in it as far as you know, sure is much more responsive then winamp as far as opening and closing files, please if some of you could give your opinion.
Thanks

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

where can the addon be had?

I use the VLC and I think it's highly responsive in comparisson to other media players. It is also possible to open, close files and even read subtitles with it.
There is also an addon which makes this program more accessible with nvda.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 05.04.2016 um 11:03 schrieb Isaac <bigikemusic@...>:

Hi, how many of you guys use vlc, and is there any spiware in it as far as you know, sure is much more responsive then winamp as far as opening and closing files, please if some of you could give your opinion.
Thanks

Ksenia Natapova

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

where can the addon be had?
I use the VLC and I think it's highly responsive in comparisson to other media players. It is also possible to open, close files and even read subtitles with it.
There is also an addon which makes this program more accessible with nvda.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 05.04.2016 um 11:03 schrieb Isaac <bigikemusic@...>:

Hi, how many of you guys use vlc, and is there any spiware in it as far as you know, sure is much more responsive then winamp as far as opening and closing files, please if some of you could give your opinion.
Thanks

Ksenia Natapova

Sorry
I wanted to send the addon but it is failed. I send you the link.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

where can the addon be had?
I use the VLC and I think it's highly responsive in comparisson to other media players. It is also possible to open, close files and even read subtitles with it.
There is also an addon which makes this program more accessible with nvda.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 05.04.2016 um 11:03 schrieb Isaac <bigikemusic@...>:

Hi, how many of you guys use vlc, and is there any spiware in it as far as you know, sure is much more responsive then winamp as far as opening and closing files, please if some of you could give your opinion.
Thanks

Kevin Cussick

I use it not a power user but it just works.

On 05/04/2016 10:03, Isaac wrote:
Hi, how many of you guys use vlc, and is there any spiware in it as far
as you know, sure is much more responsive then winamp as far as opening
and closing files, please if some of you could give your opinion.
Thanks

hi.
i tested some versions of it, but unfortunately i could not its useful
shortcuts and even i could not go to begin and end of my tracks with
it!
and also i could not understand its total time, elaps and remaining time.
i think its not accessible for us, but maybe i am novice and did not
find the solution!

On 4/5/16, Kevin Cussick via Groups.io
<the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I use it not a power user but it just works.

On 05/04/2016 10:03, Isaac wrote:
Hi, how many of you guys use vlc, and is there any spiware in it as far
as you know, sure is much more responsive then winamp as far as opening
and closing files, please if some of you could give your opinion.
Thanks

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

Lenron

1.1 seems to not be working for me but 07 did.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I use it more to watch dvds with audio description. it seems very friendly with a screen reader, there is also a add on that you can get for it as well. If i remember right there is a whole list of shortcut keys that you can use as well. If you are interested I do have a basic tutorial on how to use VLC to watch a dvde with audio description. It can be found on the nvda tutorials for other programs page on my website at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
You can jump down by headings quickly to the section once you have got to that page to read it.

Gene nz

On 05-Apr-16 9:03 PM, Isaac wrote:
Hi, how many of you guys use vlc, and is there any spiware in it as far as you know, sure is much more responsive then winamp as far as opening and closing files, please if some of you could give your opinion.
Thanks

mk360

Hi,
I think mpchc is more accessible, but VLC is probably the most complete player.., audio, video, stream, encoding... and it doesn't require codecs. However, I've the two programs installed because moving in dvd menus is so easy with MPCHC.
About key commands, the problem is the interface has old translations, so the commands doesn't work, but it is a problem of the commands are wrong... the best option is to search the correct commands in the web of in vlc's help.

Regards,
mk.

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 3:37 PM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
[...]

Never used mpchc for ages the older versions had bits that kept repeating.
I have an old media player classic which I used to use for nasa streams.
Now days its not really needed as such mainly because the shuttle program is gone and mainly because of inbuilt youtube players.

<http://www.accessibilitycentral.net>http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
You can jump down by headings quickly to the section once you have got to
that page to read it.

Gene nz

On 05-Apr-16 9:03 PM, Isaac wrote:

Hi, how many of you guys use vlc, and is there any spiware in it as far as
you know, sure is much more responsive then winamp as far as opening and
closing files, please if some of you could give your opinion.
Thanks

mk360

The problem about repeating is solved unchecking a option in the view menu.

hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

[...]

AAh ok
Good to know anyway.

hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

[...]

Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

hi.
i use km player and it does not need any codecs and plays all audio
video formats for me until now.
i use km player 3.6.0.87

hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

[...]

Peter Beasley