Can I please have some help with my speaking rate?

That should have been version and build numbers for Windows 10.  I'm using a new-to-me machine and still don't have the touchpad settings worked out yet and end up accidentally inserting stuff in random places if I accidentally move my insertion point.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

Edited

It would be very helpful to have additional information:

1.  Version of Windows and, if Windows 10, the Build number as well as whether it's Home or Pro.
2.  The version of NVDA, which is most likely 2020.4, but it still helps to know.
3.  The synthesizer and voice being used, which can be found in Speech settings:  NVDA+N,P,S then either down arrow once to speech, or hit an additional S to get there.  Tab over into the pane and look at what settings are set to, including whether the checkbox for Rate Boost is checked (and it probably isn't).

I use only OneCore voices, and have never had an issue with slowness.  That being said, the rate at which many blind users are accustomed to listening to speech makes my head spin, and a rate typical of normal spoken speech is considered very slow indeed by many.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

Hi,

I see. To check which speech synthesizer you are using, press Control+Insert+S, then listen carefully to what NVDA says.

Cheers,

Joseph